Not copying/tracing diagram into booklet (1 Viewer)

samuelclarke

HSC
Do we lose any marks if we don't copy/trace diagram into booklet? It's not awarded any marks.

alimali123

HSC
N/A
I hope not, I didn't even read that until going back over my exam....but I didn't have any room to put it in

teeah

HSC
I don't think you would - my maths teacher told me it's just to make sure you and the marker are looking at the same thing - i.e. for a question in maths where the triangle is labelled ABC, to make sure what you're trying to prove relates to the right side/angle.

HSC
Sometimes it specially tells you to trace/copy the diagram. I dont think they do it in the HSC but I've seen in trials that one mark is actually drawing the diagram out.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I highly doubt it. The diagrams it to make clear of any extra lines of construction. It is also to draw extra points so that you can reference them instead of writing out say for example, "Let the point F be on the circumference" - you could just mark it on your diagram and reference that.

JohnCoffey

HSC
Well I did notice the instruction to trace it, and by doing so it took a good 1-2minutes (make it neat and legible and what not), so in that regard I did lose time which i couldve used toward completing my exam? I don't know what i would rather like, but it didn't seem to be awarded a mark, so should be alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)