North Sydney Bears (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
seriously i need my old club back i miss goin 2 home games down at beatiful north sydney oval. we need to see the new 16th club be reunited by the NORTH SYDNEY-CENTRAL COAST BEARS!!!

UP THE BEARS!!!
GROWL!!!!

HSC
Ahhh good luck with that one...

Out of curiosity, how would you feel about South Sydney becoming just 'the Rabbitohs' and playing out of North Sydney Oval?

We do need to see a 16th club however I can't exactly see it having anything whatsoever to do with the North Sydney Bears.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
it pisses me off they can become broke again and fuck off from our side of the harbour when they lose more and more money and be broke, but hey central coast has a damn strong chance of getting that place (when it comes)

HSC
Central Coast has a fair chance but it won't have anything to do with Norths. Central Coast Sharks is my tip, fuck off the Scum noone will miss them. Would you support a Central Coast outfit with no ties to the Bears... e.g. a relocated Sharks? Or say the Central Coast Bears came in... would you support them? And any idea if other Norths supporters would too?

But yeah I reckon the Scum will fuck off to Gosford. Then I would say Gold Coast Dolphins to come in as the 16th team. Then the St George/Illawarra merger breaks down and the license reverts back to St George, and everyone is happy.

Last edited:

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I think relocation is a terrible idea. Especially since I'm a Cronulla supporter :p. Relocation is just not an option...it just won't work. The Central Coast will not support a relocated team.

Apparently the NRL is reconsidering the Gold Coast Dolphins for 2006/2007. I put my money on the Dolphins getting the go ahead for the 16th team in 2007. I don't really think we need another team in NSW. It's just plugging the hole in between Sydney and Newcastle, rather than plugging the hole between Sydney and Brisbane. For Queensland to be an ongoing competitive side in State of Origin, another Queensland team is a must. The juniors up north need to have more avenues to get into first grade, rather than Brisbane taking pretty much all the decent (and loyal) juniors. Us New South Welshmen don't need another team at all.

As for the Bears, Souths are almost definitely going to be playing out of North Sydney Oval this year or the next...still as South Sydney, but at a different home ground. The way I see it, it is much better for Souths to be playing out of North Sydney than Aussie stadium where support is practically non-existant. The SFS can be left to the Easts supporters. Let's give the North Sydney population access to a team that play out of their stadium.

HSC
Anyone remember a certain side ... Gold Coast Crushers? Just remind me how that venture worked out?

There are too many sides in Sydney for the game to really develop, even though there have been some joint ventures. There were speculation about moving the Melbourne Storm elsewhere - wrong move to make.

If anyone should have another side it would be in New Zealand. I must admit I do miss clubs like Illawara and the Bears.

18 teams wouldn't be too much I guess, though many players are complaining about the amount of games they already play. Heck - maybe a side in Fiji isn't out of the question in the next decade! :gridnod:

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
I'm a beloved bears supporter and I also miss traveling to North Sydney Oval. I also live on the Central Coast so I'd love to see the coast have a side. We have so much junior talent. My brother's rep team have won the country championships 2 times in the last 3 years and runners up once. They're all playing Harold Mathews this year for RIP. Got a strong side. And theres plenty of younger players coming through behind them. Its a shame to see them go to other sydney clubs so they have a chance at an NRL career. I want them to stay on the coast and play for the Central Coast NRL team. We need a team and my first preference is for them to be the Bears. But I'd happily support any team that called the coast their home apart from Manly. No one on the coast wants them. Well most people anyway. The Northern Eagles had nothing to do with North Sydney at all. It was a complete Manly takeover and thats why it didn't work up here.

Pace Setter

What's wrong with a few more teams? Can't they fix it by splitting the system into a conference-style league (with the top 4 from each conference going through)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)