North & South (1 Viewer)

Sasky

HSC
Is anyone studying this text? I am doing Individual & Society and we just finished ADH last term. What is everyone studying next term? Well, hello to all the 2004 English Extension students, have u got through much studying these hols? I've been reading and re-reading all my texts for both English. North and South is okay, very contextual, and it will certainly provide alot to write about. I think I like it more than ADH. What do u guys think?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
OMG i havent even touched north and south yet!!eiiiiii but on the other hand i read fairly fast so i dont think i should get too panicked yet...im doing P&P, north and south, browning poetry. so far we've only covered P&P. i have been watching whenever im bored in these holidays so i have a good coverage of it. i can practically quote characters word for word!haha i havent been doing much study these holidays but i plan to write many essays this yr. we were going to do portrait of a lady but its didnt seem to provide much contrast to P&P as north and south did.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I TRIED (key word tried) to read north and south, but my other texts were so much more interesting, really sorry to say but true, I cant get myself to read it, My teacher has said we dont need to read it for a while, so Ive read a dolls house, and watched Pride and Prejudice a MILLION times! :)

Sasky

HSC
oh this is kewl, some ppl are studying N&S. Well, i've been watching P&P too, and I've been trying to get into the book (our teacher told us to read it) and we're also doing Oscar Wilde. Our teach also recommended us to read 'Wilde' - has anyone watched it?
I know, N+S is really tedious in the beginning, but it'll get better mildly - I promise. I never thought I would do Individual and Society, but my teacher is obsessed with that period - I thought postmodernism would be kinda interesting, but it's going OK. What's Browning like anyway? OHHHH - talking about poetry - are you guys waiting for Slyvia to come out too? I think I'll start a thread on it in the Entertainment Forum, but I thought I'd ask some English folks first...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)