Normal? (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
Just wandering, how normal or suitable is it to extend your studies or spread them beyond the "normal" 3 years, 4 years and 5 years at uni

It looks like since i transferred from 2nd year, in order to finish at the end of my fifth year at Macq i need to overload as much as 28-30 CP in one year with 4 units in each semester. (4xx and 5xx LAW units)

Another option is spreading them out and do another semester and each semester's CP about 12.

Are any of you's going beyond the "normal" 3 year single degee, 4 year double degree and 5 years combined law/actuaial studies? or doing about 10-12 CP over the minimum?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
Just wandering, how normal or suitable is it to extend your studies or spread them beyond the "normal" 3 years, 4 years and 5 years at uni

It looks like since i transferred from 2nd year, in order to finish at the end of my fifth year at Macq i need to overload as much as 28-30 CP in one year with 4 units in each semester. (4xx and 5xx LAW units)

Another option is spreading them out and do another semester and each semester's CP about 12.

Are any of you's going beyond the "normal" 3 year single degee, 4 year double degree and 5 years combined law/actuaial studies? or doing about 10-12 CP over the minimum?
Its very normal to go beyond the minimum years, particularly for a 5 year combined degree. Besides a few exclusions, you are pretty much doing 2x3 year degrees in a 5 year combine, so its full on and given that you have transferred you probably needed to do some extra (first year) units in your second year to fulfil the requirements of the new area and so it is pretty much guarenteed you need to extend the time a bit. right? If you overload 28-30 cp in a year just to finish in the 5 years then you may be overwhelmed by the workload and end up failing or not doing as well as you would have liked to had you taken the extra 6months-year.

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
Tabris said:
Just wandering, ...
u do law?

mm just a thought. u could try doing the actuarial exemptions externally. might save time and the exams look easier

X

xeuyrawp

I could potentially finish a BAncHist or a BA next semester (2.5 years because I did 1.5 years of 4 units a semester - many of which were 4cp each), but I'm not going to rush. My undergrad's going to last a lot longer so I can get the most out of it.

I certainly don't have any official statistics, but I'd suspect a good portion (maybe even half?) go a bit longer than normal with their degrees.

breaKingUnIqUe

HSC
And some people fail stuff and don't go to summer school. Or people take on extra electives.

Anyways, some subjects only run every odd year/even years-gah whatever, they don't run every year. So if you don't follow your program, and those subjects are preq's I guess you're stuck at least a sem if not a year.
I think I may face this dilemma.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
In my degree it seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Most people are talking longer than the 3 years minimum required. It is very very normal.

iwannarock

HSC
i could finish on time.

but im seriously considering deferring for a year. either htis year or next year.

but im really worried that if i deferred for a whole year.............i may never come back.:eek:

X

xeuyrawp

*sigh* I figured it out -- my bachelor's will be finished next semester (2.5 years). For some reason, 80% of my subjects have been 4cp, so I guess that's caught up with me. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)