Nominations for DNT (1 Viewer)

deathbyprinter

motherlover
HSC
Hey guys, did anyone get nominations for your MDP?
what was your MDP???

i got nominated:) i found out today! i made a dress - two tops one skirt and a removable skirt, so that four different outfits can be made.

rach_06

HSC
what do you think my chances are???
built a cluster computer 6 computers working as one ...

see the pics ...

Lori.

HSC
deathbyprinter said:
Hey guys, did anyone get nominations for your MDP?
what was your MDP???

i got nominated:) i found out today! i made a dress - two tops one skirt and a removable skirt, so that four different outfits can be made.
How long after getting your MDP marked did you find out?? we get marked on friday. I'm not hoping to get nominated, but hopefully someone in my class will

deathbyprinter

motherlover
HSC
when the markers finish marking, they should tell your teacher.
but usually the teacher waits to the next day....
my MDP was marked on tuesday and i found out on wednesday.

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
AHHH i got nominated!!! YAY!!! So happy!

I found out this afternoon and they only marked it today!

Very Cool!

Good Luck Everyone Else

alyse

HSC
wow i really like your dress! very different, which is really good! like the use of colour!

:) I got nominated too!!!! so exciting!! would be awesome to actually get in the tour and museum!

alyse

alyse

HSC
hey deathbyprinter

thanks! u 2!!

i designed a haute couture gown, tropical paradise inspired, its got a weird cut around the waist line n stuff, hard to explain lol, but yeah im happy with it.

u planning to continue in the fashion industry after school?? i REALLY REALLY wanna go to UTS but yeah, really high UAI and hard 2 get in....so i dunno.

alyse
xo

deathbyprinter

motherlover
HSC
yea im going to go to ultimo tafe hopefully...
im also going for the scholarship at kvb and
uts..because my dad wants me to go to uni :( i dont.

do you have a photo of your dress? it sounds awsome

alyse

HSC
scholarship at UTS???? for fashion design??? lol sorry i just REALLY want to do that course.
but i live in newcastle so that totally SUCKS!!!

i sent u a private msg....

:)

Lori.

HSC
Its really interesting that they [seem] to pick a lot of fashion pieces. How are they innovative? Or are your pieces just really good quality??

My teacher pointed out last year, that, to get into DNT, the MDPs would have to be either innovative and creative, or just creative and of excellent quality, so i'm just wondering what it took for your pieces to get in

alyse

HSC
hey!
yea, i didnt think mine would get nominated bcoz it isnt really that innovative.

Mine is more good quality and creative than innovative, but my teacher said it was because all the applique n embroidery n stuff i did kind of makes the material innovative/new, becasue u can't buy the same ne where....lol does that make ANY sense?? lol

good luck!!
alyse

checkout_chik06

HSC
I got told today that I got nominated and I am shocked as I didn't think my project was that great. My project was formal wear for pregnant women with the range being interchangeable. I made a dress, a short sleeved top an long sleeved top, a skirt, a pair of pants and a shawl. I haven't sewn before and apparently keeping that in mind it was good, but I have very high standards of my work and my prac part of my project should have been so much better - but the markers seemed to like my major work so I'm happy!!!
Congrats on everyone else with nominations.
By the way - the person who made thecluster computer, I don't understand what it would be for. But it looks pretty fancy!

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
GJV said:
Its really interesting that they [seem] to pick a lot of fashion pieces. How are they innovative? Or are your pieces just really good quality??

My teacher pointed out last year, that, to get into DNT, the MDPs would have to be either innovative and creative, or just creative and of excellent quality, so i'm just wondering what it took for your pieces to get in
haha GJV your right!! there does seem to be a lot of fashion stuff!!

rweather

HSC
MY DT teacher said the nomination, and projects that go on display are not always the very best but still have to be good and easily portable, that may be the reason why fashion projects get more nominations since they are easily portable around the state for display.

Well thats my thought on it anyway may not be totaly correct.

ROB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)