No motivation to succeed (1 Viewer)

bscared

HSC
I'm finding it really hard to become motivated about studying and trying to do good in my HSC. I don't fear getting a bad result. I'll end up getting into uni even if I didn't have my HSC because there are many back doors. But I would still like to get a mark to be proud of. Does anyone have any reasons or suggestions for me? Any at all would help.....anything except people telling me that I am a lazy idiot. I've alredy heard it.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
If you can't get motivated to study this year, what makes you think you will in uni? We get spoon-fed in high school.

Just think- only 3.5 months until the hsc. Approximately 8 weeks until the trials.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No body can make you get motivated its something you have to get\workout yourself. Whether it is from recieving back marks or bad rankings etc you have to find the motivation otherwise in no time you shall be back to where you started.

The following links might help you understand other people's motivation and maybe help you find your own:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...liminary-hsc/109195/what-your-motivation.html

http://community.boredofstudies.org/128/general-discussion-preliminary-hsc/111479/no-motivation.html

passion89

HSC
You have to find the motivation yourself. Just think - you will be gone from high school soon and uni is on the way woohoo and think of how well you wanna do.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Although there are 'backdoors' to getting into uni. The easiest and most common way is through the HSC. As people have said, it's not long till the hsc is over. I really hope you will try your best until the end of the hsc exams. It's not worth throwing away your easy chance into getting into uni and rely on other methods which have no guarantees of success.

The feeling of relief when you get your results and knowing your hard work throughout the year paid off is a reward itself that many past students will agree is a feeling of a natural high :)

Don't quit now! Goodluck!

gracie007

HSC
Ur exactly like me. I thought i was the only one. Im doing pretty poorly compared to how well i have the capacity to do. it shits me, but its my own fault. I have 0 motivation and hardly do any study whatsoever.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
with me to keep going i gotta look ahead and anticipate an event or an achievement...... don't u have any goals? set yourself some long and short term goals, things that you would really be happy about acomplishing.

for study, u said urself that you'd be happy with some decent marks, would you be happier if you got some even better results? work for it, because if you set your mind to it you can get it. i know it's hard but take small steps at first and the successes of ur achievements should keep you going and craving for more and more :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Agreed with priesty's excellent advice! :)

These goals can be long term or short term, it maybe to do well in an assessment or to better your rank and overall performance in the HSC...but it is something you have to do for yourself.

up all nite

HSC
chin up...jst dont think abt it.. do it.. study ur ass off for the nxt 4 months or so...
try to study for 1 hour.. then graually build up

rissoleux

HSC
i was like that, i foudn with me i jsut had to force myself into studying, i was literally yelling obscenities at myself just to make myself do the work. I'm having an alright time studying now

it'll happen, dont fret too much

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Don't think about any problems such as "no motivation", just do the work.

bscared

HSC
Because in Uni, you choose what you want to study. In school, I have to do many things that I despise and that have absolutely no relevance to my life or career. And the things that we do need in life have already been learned. I'm only going to school for that pointless little bit of paper that has 'HSC' written on it.

bscared

HSC
WOW thanks for the advice!? Why didn't I think of that?!!!*sarcasm*

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I understand exactly where you are coming from bscared and sometimes I get much like yourself but then when I learn about my friends working to finish assignments it puts the pressure on me to strive and gain the motivation to do the work and do it well, really there is no other option. At this point everyone has had enough of the HSC and thinks it's 'pointless' but when its over its over and no more school and you can move onto the next stage in your life.

Don't no what other advice I can offer but I hope that gives you something and you are not alone. :)

bscared

HSC
Yeah. I know I can do really good but i just can't be motivated to try.

Gsus

HSC
I have the same problem bscared... all of my reports since year 7 have said i am unmotivated and arnt performing to the level i can... but i still get decent marks... and i dont study at all... its the way some people are... so just learn to get around it... i did ;]

take it easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)