No more Africans (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

Predictable response. What I haven't seen from the otherside is an alternative solution to the issue at hand, just a lot of baseless racism calls. Is it because it's Kevin Andrews? Dude isn't my favourite person on earth, infact I think he is a complete moron who needs to learn to keep religion out of his politics (something which he is not alone with) ... But really, is it purely because it is Kevin Andrews saying it?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Predictable response. What I haven't seen from the otherside is an alternative solution to the issue at hand, just a lot of baseless racism calls. Is it because it's Kevin Andrews? Dude isn't my favourite person on earth, infact I think he is a complete moron who needs to learn to keep religion out of his politics (something which he is not alone with) ... But really, is it purely because it is Kevin Andrews saying it?
Woah, Kevin Andrews is privvy to top secret information that he cannot release to the general public for terrorism concerns.

He obviously knows something super top secret about the integration of African refugees that we don't.

How can he be incompetent??? btw your visas being revoked for character reasons.

SANDRA LIME

HSC
WOW... is this what we do doing our free time.. discuss matters which aren't relevant. Come on there are other issues out there other than 'how to stop Africans from entering Australia'. Listen up fellow Australians: who ever needs help should be able to receive it. Because if were going to stop the Africans than we should stop the Asians, Middle East, Irish... etc. See the issue becomes border and we come to targetting one nation/culture. Africans are people in threat, well that's pretty general but I mean many countries in Africa are threatening to murder villages all at one. But if they can't come to Australia then where should they go? Aboriginal people had no say once the British invaded and called this land 'Australia' but still we all live with the facts of live. So lets not fight the facts of life and the need people share to help others and embrace your kindness by helping others. So don't stop one nations but rather help many!!!

K

katie_tully

Woah, Kevin Andrews is privvy to top secret information that he cannot release to the general public for terrorism concerns.

He obviously knows something super top secret about the integration of African refugees that we don't.

How can he be incompetent??? btw your visas being revoked for character reasons.
Oh thats right. It's a conspiracy :)

K

katie_tully

WOW... is this what we do doing our free time.. discuss matters which aren't relevant. Come on there are other issues out there other than 'how to stop Africans from entering Australia'. Listen up fellow Australians: who ever needs help should be able to receive it. Because if were going to stop the Africans than we should stop the Asians, Middle East, Irish... etc. See the issue becomes border and we come to targetting one nation/culture. Africans are people in threat, well that's pretty general but I mean many countries in Africa are threatening to murder villages all at one. But if they can't come to Australia then where should they go? Aboriginal people had no say once the British invaded and called this land 'Australia' but still we all live with the facts of live. So lets not fight the facts of life and the need people share to help others and embrace your kindness by helping others. So don't stop one nations but rather help many!!!
You are a troll, right?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Oh thats right. It's a conspiracy :)
No, I guess what I'm saying is, Kevin Andrews made up some bullshit reason like "not integrating" without providing any other imperial evidence other than the statement "AFRIKAN GANGS", while fellow racists could hide behind the façade of "not being a racist" with bullshit statements like "lol quotas" and "haven't you seen today tonight? African gangs!" (this is you btw) to ride home on the election in the same way as the Tampa helped them get over the line.

I don't know what Kevin Andrews is looking for in terms of education but if he wants rich PhDs perhaps we should stop the humanitarian refugee programme altogether (something I'm quite sure you would agree with, not racist just the best interests of Australia, however).

The Victoria Police even said the crime rate of African refugees was also significantly lower for their per centage of population.

What do I know though, in Pauline we trust. WHITE POWER. Completely embarrassing for our national image overseas further ingraining our image of slack jawed racists fucks across anyone in Britian or follows the news elsewhere.

Also perhaps if you followed the news you would realise I was referencing Haneef who is now completely vindicated of any charges but Andrews still refuses to stop his appeal in the High Court and reinstate his visa.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Tony Burke last week -

But Opposition immigration spokesman Tony Burke seized on Mr Andrews' switch, saying the 2007-08 refugee quota had been realigned after advice from the UN refugee agency. "There was nothing said at the time about these numbers changing because of issues with Sudanese integration or African integration," Mr Burke said.

"There is no logical public policy reason for him to suddenly change his argument … This is something that Kevin Andrews has now whipped up as an argument."
Source: SMH

You may think that it's a predictable response, katie, but Tony Burke's argument isn't without foundation - when the Minister seemingly ignores the original justification in favour of a pathetic attempt to play the race card, what else can it be but incompetence on the part of the Minister?

K

katie_tully

Okay I was unaware of the previous statement from the government.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Iron said:
Good on them!

As an african, I am so sick of the generalisations the media keeps making. Last time I checked, the majority of africans in australia integrate fine. They do not cause trouble, or form gangs, or drink in parks all night (in fact most africans wont touch alcohol!) And statistically, africans are more law abiding that white australians and a lot of other ethnic groups!

The actions of a small minority does not represent the whole.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Provide your statistical proof then please.
There are more white Australians than Africans in Australia, so of course white Australians are going to be highly represented in crime statistics ;)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
What is the evidence that the Africans have more trouble integrating than other groups?
Obviously not the colour of their skin as that is an irrelevant racial comment that has no place in this thread and will be deleted by the honourable and most reverend moderators.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
ari89 said:
Obviously not the colour of their skin .
In terms of the Minister's decision, that would be an irrelevant consideration
(the smiley face clinched it!)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Good on them!

As an african, I am so sick of the generalisations the media keeps making. Last time I checked, the majority of africans in australia integrate fine. They do not cause trouble, or form gangs, or drink in parks all night (in fact most africans wont touch alcohol!) And statistically, africans are more law abiding that white australians and a lot of other ethnic groups!

The actions of a small minority does not represent the whole.
how long have the africans in question been here before people start banging on about how they can't integrate? from my point of view it would take any migrant at least three or four years to fully get over the culture shock and really integrate into society properly. in the case of, say, sudanese refugees you have to take into account grief and post traumatic stress which take time to get over and could hinder a smooth integration process, hence they need more time and more support. it's not our responsibility to go out and save everyone suffering in the world, but when desperate people ask for asylum and we grant it to them, it becomes our responsibility to look after them.

kloudsurfer

HSC
katie_tully said:
Provide your statistical proof then please.
There are more white Australians than Africans in Australia, so of course white Australians are going to be highly represented in crime statistics ;)
I dont remember where i read it, but it said , africans (and it named other ethnic groups too) perform fewer criminal offenses etc in terms of per capita, not just overall. It was an article from back when there was all the media attention about the Sudanese refugees up in Tamworth, but it wasnt online but ill see if i can find it anyway.

It makes sense though. Simply because the majority of Africans in australia are those who came in the past who were generally not refugees. Rather, they were those who were well educated and brought in to fill skills shortages and so on, and as a result, they were generally law abiding citizens (yes, i know, being well educated doesnt automatically make you law abiding, but its another one of those 'statistically proven' things)

Last edited:

UnleavenedBread

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
I dont remember where i read it, but it said , africans (and it named other ethnic groups too) perform fewer criminal offenses etc in terms of per capita, not just overall. It was an article from back when there was all the media attention about the Sudanese refugees up in Tamworth, but it wasnt online but ill see if i can find it anyway.
Note, if they were to commit a crime at night it would be harder to:

1) Identify them
a) They all look the same
b) They blend into the night

2) Catch them

Then it would be hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the African in question was in fact that who committed the crime. And that is without the concern of judges and jurers. At risk of being branded a racist they let the African to get off to avoid all that is bad which the manipulative media brings.

It makes sense though. Simply because the majority of Africans in australia are those who came in the past who were generally not refugees. Rather, they were those who were well educated and brought in to fill skills shortages and so on, and as a result, they were generally law abiding citizens (yes, i know, being well educated doesnt automatically make you law abiding, but its another one of those 'statistically proven' things)
My old doctor was the African guy who got arrested last year for arranging a hit on his wife back in his home country.

ilovenatalie

HSC
It is quite obvious, and I know everybody in their hearts agrees, that all the Left-wing people who post on this forum are correct, moral, intelligent and overall decent human beings. On the other hand, it is painstakingly clear that all the Right-wing morons who think refugees should be denied refuge in a prosperous nation, are selfish, amoral (not immoral), economically-orientated fools.
I know you all agree, so why don't we just help out another human and stop worrying about having a 'crowded' country. Australia is fucking huge, get over it you right-wing pricks.

ilovenatalie

HSC
AND I think it's important that you all realise that the article in question is owned by News Limited. Why would we even be discussing such rubbish?

Ademir

HSC
I come from an area where African, particularly Sudanese refugees have been coming in in droves the past few years. I for one, welcome them. It only enriches our community.

I haven't noticed any problems integrating. I come from a place where almost everyone is an immigrant from outside of Australia, or the children of immigrants. I'm sick of this government's race-politics. Humanitarian concerns should be the deciding factors, not quotas on various regions.

How about the government starts listening to the young people who can see what's really going on in the community, rather than 50+ people who see one African walking down the street and go into a tirade about how "they're taking over the community and not integrating..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)