No luck in finding a job (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
blackfriday said:
i saw a sign outside the shop, asked if they were still looking and the guy said, 'come in wednesday'. i dont know what sort of job you've been looking for.
it's called luck, some people have it (like u) and some don't have any (like me)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
BreadKing said:
Macca's, KFC, Hungry Jack's
the list is endless :p
I doubt it, nearly every single person working in those places is no older than 16. They would hire an incompetent 14yo before they hire me

BreadKing

HSC
N/A
yenta said:
I doubt it, nearly every single person working in those places is no older than 16. They would hire an incompetent 14yo before they hire me
Coles, Bi-Lo, Kmart, Target, Officeworks, all the colesmyer brands....

sarevok

HSC
it's kind of annoying how coles myer owns bloody everything.

anyway, you left applying for a job too late. christmas hiring starts october...no one hires december cause too busy with the shopping rush to do interviews...january sales start... and i doubt you'll get a job now because stores will most likely fill up any vacancies with their christmas casuals. but if you are persistant, you will definitely find something eventually.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It sucks, one of my besties is living in Sydney (like a block from Darling Harbour...biatch!!) and their literally offering her jobs left right and centre, whereas me, here in the middle of nowhere, can't even get 1.

ramanij

i havnt got a job either except for some sales job which i have to walk like 50km each day :|. But dw to all thsoe unemployed my cousins and older friends all got their jobs when well into uni(1st-2ndyear) so jsut keep at it. I applied for coles and woolies early december still ahvnt got a reply apprently they are recruiting again at the end of Jan :)

ace

is retired
HSC
yenta said:
[rant]
It's not fair, I seem to have no luck in finding a job. I was looking forward to working heaps this summer since I have 3 months off from uni and need money to pay my dad back some of the $3500+ I owe him, but it's already halfway through and I still have no job. In the past 2 months I have applied for around 20-25 jobs and all that has come from them is one job I got which is in February and it only goes for 6 days. I'm so desperate, and to make it worse my parents won't get off my back and are always having a go at me - they think i'm lazy cos i haven't got a job yet even though i've been trying. Seriously I've been looking every single day for a job but still nothing. Aahh what should I do? And don't say...walk around all the shops and hand my resume in to all of them...been there done that, it doesn't work.
[/rant]
Wow, the above situation, looking for jobs, is kinda the same as me. Even includes the 6 days at a job (but in mid-jan for me)

Well I applied early, for the Myer Christmas Drive stuff, etc. That went no where. So from late-november, went job hunting.

Applied to 30+ places, the only replies, were replies of rejection were the only responses.

Started going to recruitment agencies, in an act of desperation, since the holidays were quickly consuming away.

Went to a few, the first few, no response. (this is after 5 weeks or so). Decided to go to other ones, then got a reply basically on the spot, then within a week, to confirm the job (the 6 days thing).

Also got response from a different recruitment agency, within a week or so, for a more permanent spot (however, just like you, back to uni)

Just saying, basically, when all else fails, let them (agencies) find you a job, in most cases, even with there cut, you still get some $$$.

I just say, build from what you get upwards.

ace

is retired
HSC
yenta said:
Yeah, I have tried a few call centre places, but didn't get any i'm guessing because I have no experience on phones...it sucks, u can't get a job without experience but u can't get the experience without a job
I hated that, from the replies.
Unfortunately........ (and in, you ain't got experience) ...... Bye.

Stupid circle of pain.
---> No job. Job needs experience. Repeat. <--

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
You just have to know where to look, after Year 12, I had a decent job within 2 days.

ace

is retired
HSC
Just wondering, what is a say normal rate for temporary work. Entry-level.
With no experience necessary, 18+ yr olds.

If anyone knows, what do Myer's employees get paid?

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
yenta said:
[rant]
It's not fair, I seem to have no luck in finding a job. I was looking forward to working heaps this summer since I have 3 months off from uni and need money to pay my dad back some of the $3500+ I owe him, but it's already halfway through and I still have no job. In the past 2 months I have applied for around 20-25 jobs and all that has come from them is one job I got which is in February and it only goes for 6 days. I'm so desperate, and to make it worse my parents won't get off my back and are always having a go at me - they think i'm lazy cos i haven't got a job yet even though i've been trying. Seriously I've been looking every single day for a job but still nothing. Aahh what should I do? And don't say...walk around all the shops and hand my resume in to all of them...been there done that, it doesn't work.
[/rant]
always look in the newspaper. they are so desperate they hire anyone! seriously. my bro finished his sc and wanted a job for the hols and strated looking pretty late. but he got a job at oportos like straight away cus they were dying for people.

also if you know someone at some place that always good you could try and get a job with a friend who could put a good word with the manager.

and remember to apply absolutely EVERWHERE :)

ramanij

i been applying for jobs for last 1.5 months havnt found anyhting so jsut going to wait until easter :| apprently woolies recruits then so hopefully cna crack it then

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I feel your annoyance. I spent 7 yrs looking for a job. <insert lengthy story> finally got one when I just started the HSC and gave up looking....how weird is that.

This time around with the resume, I changed it a lot. My original resumes would have all my achievements, which would promptly get me put in the "no way" pile: to them, this is considered smarter than the employer. So this time around, I put just my work experience and that I finished the HSC....got the job first "new" resume 'round!

My new saying: "make the resume look dumb and dreamless and you've got a winner"

LOL I even had a fake future to give them when they asked me if I was going to uni. (b/c they obviously wanted someone to stay in town...which was my suicide..b/c I kept being honest and saying I wanted to go to Gatton, UQ)
My fake university dream was "part time (this meant the possiblity of 6+ yrs with woolies if they hired me) in Ba of Applied Science, in forestry" Luckily I had a friend who was doing it, so I could throw out some..."I want to do this for a major" etc....worked like a charm.

The only thing I said that was honest was my name!

Last edited:

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
MissMacbeth said:
make the resume look dumb and dreamless and you've got a winner
I guess a multi-paged, well-structured resume laden with desirable personal traits and useful abilities would be a slap in the face for a job at Woolies.

Meh, I'll give the dumbed-down approach a go, that way I might get a job... at Woolies (or any other big supermarket chain).

G

Gavvvvvin

MissMacbeth said:
I feel your annoyance. I spent 7 yrs looking for a job. <insert lengthy story> finally got one when I just started the HSC and gave up looking....how weird is that.
You were looking for work in year 6?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)