No luck in finding a job (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
[rant]
It's not fair, I seem to have no luck in finding a job. I was looking forward to working heaps this summer since I have 3 months off from uni and need money to pay my dad back some of the $3500+ I owe him, but it's already halfway through and I still have no job. In the past 2 months I have applied for around 20-25 jobs and all that has come from them is one job I got which is in February and it only goes for 6 days. I'm so desperate, and to make it worse my parents won't get off my back and are always having a go at me - they think i'm lazy cos i haven't got a job yet even though i've been trying. Seriously I've been looking every single day for a job but still nothing. Aahh what should I do? And don't say...walk around all the shops and hand my resume in to all of them...been there done that, it doesn't work.
[/rant]

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
when did you start looking? did you start too late? next year start the online applications in june

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
yeah maybe, i started looking beginning of december. I didn't think that was too late but now that christmas and all that shit is over i still havent found anything... :'(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yenta said:
yeah maybe, i started looking beginning of december. I didn't think that was too late but now that christmas and all that shit is over i still havent found anything... :'(
yeah keep looking all year, you'll find something, but if worst comes to worst, early october next year be the first to the shops

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Yeah i too have had no luck in finding a job. Its really frustrating me.

Yesterday (13 Jan 05), I went to Westfields Parramatta and handed in a resume to 4 places. Hopefully i'll get a call soon.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
march is a good time to look around too especially with coles myer etc...

kalli

HSC
try call centre places... not telemarketing!!! they are hiring all the time for permanent part time work. u can work in the evenings after uni. some places are really flexible too...

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah, I have tried a few call centre places, but didn't get any i'm guessing because I have no experience on phones...it sucks, u can't get a job without experience but u can't get the experience without a job

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Do you have the proper qualifications? Like is your resume all nice and pretty and full of feats of daring and cunning?

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
mmm :( i have had not much luck either ... i started half way through november (after hsc :p) ... i got an interview with coles ... got thru all that then went to see a manager .. and basically didnt get the job cus they needed me to start straight away and i was going away for 10 days (schoolies :D) about 3 days after this interview. THEN first day of schoolies at the beach i got a phone call from this lady saying 'are u still interested in working for us' .. im like 'yeah, but im on the beach in qld right now, wont be back till next weekish' .... they also wanted me to start straigh away !!!! :( ... and ever since i havnt heard back about nething else ... BAH @

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
^ Do you have the proper qualifications? Like is your resume all nice and pretty and full of feats of daring and cunning?

hehe.

Recent Activities Saved puppy from near certain death (2003)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i saw a sign outside the shop, asked if they were still looking and the guy said, 'come in wednesday'. i dont know what sort of job you've been looking for.

BreadKing

HSC
N/A
yenta said:
[rant]
It's not fair, I seem to have no luck in finding a job. I was looking forward to working heaps this summer since I have 3 months off from uni and need money to pay my dad back some of the $3500+ I owe him, but it's already halfway through and I still have no job. In the past 2 months I have applied for around 20-25 jobs and all that has come from them is one job I got which is in February and it only goes for 6 days. I'm so desperate, and to make it worse my parents won't get off my back and are always having a go at me - they think i'm lazy cos i haven't got a job yet even though i've been trying. Seriously I've been looking every single day for a job but still nothing. Aahh what should I do? And don't say...walk around all the shops and hand my resume in to all of them...been there done that, it doesn't work.
[/rant]
Macca's, KFC, Hungry Jack's
the list is endless :p

MiSSi

yenta.. ur not the only one. im pretty much similar in ur position also. :( it sucks.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i'm in the same boat as you yenta..

i was hoping to save some cash these holidays so i can go to student exchange. plus it'll keep me busy during the 3.5 months of holidays...

although i'm not as active at looking for jobs as some, i do look. i've sent my resume to like 50 places and still nothing yet.... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)