Votes: 15 34.9%
  • have some idea

Votes: 24 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Am i the only one here who has no idea what i really want to do at uni right now.
I am going to all those uni days today and tomorrrow but still confused :(
Am in dilemma cos i can get into (if cut offs stay the same ) only 2 of my preferences on my list. I want to change them but i dont know what will change like most people.

anyone else in this boat

theone123

blue essence
HSC
lol im 2nd yr now and im absolutely no idea aswell

its kool to be so :p

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i do have SOME idea but i am not sure on specifics. i just dont have one thing that i want to do

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i wish i could say: YES this is what i wanna do!

but theres many things i could do, and one thing can lead to another, many opps exist ,
so at the end of open day or the day after, ill choose one

edit: i ve narrowed my choices from 5 to about 2 or 3

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I'm in the position where I can't decide which of my first two preferences I should keep as my first preference on the application. I want to do heaps of things at uni, I love learning new things - I think I'll just keep my prefs as they are and let fate decide. (Don't worry, I won't end up doing something that 'I don't really want to do' - as I said, I really want to do both courses)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
exactly. at least i am in the same boat. Natstar not everyone has one idea of what they want to do especially now when quite a few options are open

*sarah*

HSC
Me too. There are a couple of subjects that i REALLY want to study, but i dont know which degree to study them in.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
natstar said:
Why go to uni if you dont know what to do? If you just go to uni for the sake of it, its going to be a waste of time and money. Uni is expensive and you need to work hard, so if you still dont know what you want to do by now, maybe you should re-think ur options. If your not sure, put down whatever preference you most want to do, and defer. That will give you a year to think about what you really want, earn some money. You might even reaslise you dont want to go to uni anyway.
IMO, people should only go to uni if they are deeply interested in an area with a passion, and want to pursue it in the future as a career, or those who want to receive an education in an area in which they have a passion in, even if they dont want to use it as a career. So if you dont know what area you want to study, what is the real point?
Thats just my two cents..
LOL.. so true *thumbs up*

S

Shuter

natstar said:
nah i just thought you didnt know what you wanted to do at all- which IMO kinda denies the point in going to uni.
So she should just work in a lame ass job like a pizza place just for the sake of it? If she has nothing she really wants to be doing, it's at least wise to increase her knowledge base so that when she does figure out what she wants to do, she may already possess many of the skills/degrees required.

Anyway, my course decisions were thrown into some turmoil when I ended up with a UAI that prevented me getting most of my preferances. Really at the moment I'm all about researching back-door ways into courses rather than just finding one I really want to do. It's probably harder what I'm doing, because there's about 50 different options to finally end up doing what I want to do, and I have to evaluate them all to see which one will be the best one.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
haha.. i'm 3rd year and i still don't know what exactly i want to do at uni... i'm like hfis, i want to learn alot of different things...

don't worry about it too much. just pick some general degree and do a mix of all the things you're interested in and get a taste of what you like... maybe that will make things clearer for you!! but keep in mind, you don't want to be at uni just for the sake of being at uni... you should want to be there....

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I know exaclty what I want to do

Sad thing is, I know next week I'll want something completly different. but want it not matter what...... :p

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
So she should just work in a lame ass job like a pizza place just for the sake of it?
The pizza profession salutes you.

S

Shuter

natstar said:
Whats wrong with a pizza job...she could end up CEO of Pizza Hut Australia
I work in a pizza place, there are too many lamo's trying to "climb the ladder" already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)