No Dance Resources!!!! (1 Viewer)

Kimmi_R

i can beleive bored of studies has no dance resources! well actually i can because there just isnt enough dance students to have a whole section dedicated to it i suppose. but there should be, so if anyone has any useful core appreciation or major appreciation assesment or trial questions or anything else for that matter can you please post them to help other dance students? thanks heaps :)

Marius

What do you actually have to to for Dance? do you have a Major work and a written piece or is it all like dancing?

Kimmi_R

we do core composition- a performance that we choreograph about a certain concept or intent, and than have to teach it someone within the school who then perfomes it for us. you also do a viva voca which is a question relating to the core comp that you have to deliver to the examiners, like a speech

core performance- a peformance normally made by our teachers that is between 5 and 8 mins long and it based on safe dance prectice, which is alignment type stuff to prevent injury, and another viva voca

then you pick a major which is either one of the above to or appreciation which is like citically anaysing dance perfomances.

then we have core appreciation- everyone has to do this one aswell and is based this year on ochres and rooster which are dance perfomances by stephen page and christopher bruce.

so the theory is what we probably need the most resources on but there is nothing on it!:)

freaked!

bunches of essay q's

i have a whole bunch of essay questions on both rooster and ochres so i will donate to the rest of us poor neglected dance students:

Rooster:
Discuss the movement content in rooster in relation to Bruce's intent.

how have bruces dance experiancescontributed to his chreography in rooster

rooster is an example of a chorepgrapher creating movement which directly links to the musical lyrics. Discuss

Rooster contains many references to gender and role, and these references are continually evovling and challenged throughout the work. Discuss

Ochres:
How do each of the sections of Ochres contribute to the unity of the work?

How has Page/Walong used three elements of dance to communicate their intent?

WHat are the distinguishing features of the work?

Discuss the props, lighting, costume and set in the creation of the theatrical atmosphere of Ochres

I can't be bothered to type out any more but if you already have these ones or want more then lt me know and i will post more!
Good luck

emmamar

HSC
ill post an ochres and rooster i got full marks for both so hopefully they'll be of help to some ppl...

hannahb

HSC
and who said dance was easy?

i am sick of people thinking that dance is an 'easy' subject because IT IS NOT!
it takes up so much time and dedication and there are more cores and major than in drama aswell as theory (2 essays) which we only have 1 hour to write whereas in drama you have one and a half...its not fair! SO WHY DON"T WE HAVE A PROPER FORUM!!!!!!! well i think it stinks....
i have found that the best place to find info on Ochres and Rooster is on www.hsc.csu.edu.au but most of you have already sussed that out
GOODLUCK guys!

emmalofaro

HSC
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Appreciation

Hey I'm in my prelim year and studying dance (a very time-consuming topic I agree) and I'm a little stuck with my appreciation assessment on Aboriginal Dance!
Does anyone have information on the differences and similarities of Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal dance styles?! I've pretty much finished my assessment except I can't get this question!!!
Anything at all would be really appreciated!
Emma

Alaranth

I wonder why it's not offered by more schools? I know my school doesn't offer it. One girl in my year was going to do it with an outside tutour, but it fell through.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
its a rather hard subject to organise... firstly you need adequate facilites.

A sprung floor ... God my school didn't have one, we were dancing on hard concrete until Late July, just before the exams when the UNSW dance department let us use their halls for our final weeks of practice... so in other words, we learnt all of our Jumping and stuff in the last couple of weeeks

Your school has to have a 'GOOD" dance teacher - who is really patient, willing to work longer hours than most- if students need extra performance practice.. is willing to go to as much effort as needed to get students through HSC..
I mean, our teacher... since we didn't have a adequate dance studio at our school she took us on SUNDAYS all day on Sunday, sometimes saturdays as well (from about March onwards until the HSC ) Every single week as well as Scheduled Dance class times- to a dance studio in the city so we could rehearse for our perfromance exam, and we didn't even have to pay for it... She got her friends which are also dance teachers to come and help us as well .. .
I mean, working on the freaking Weekends with 6 dance students is really generous.. taking a whole day, sometimes two out of her weekend for Free.

Your school needs to be prepared for the examination shcedule, wether they are willing to give you time out of class to practice in August when exams are..

there is alot of reasons why your school might not offer it, to be able to teach dance.. you have to be highly skilled in the art, as well as knowing how to treat any injuries.. etc.

Bosico

HSC
Kimmi_R said:
i can beleive bored of studies has no dance resources! well actually i can because there just isnt enough dance students to have a whole section dedicated to it i suppose. but there should be, so if anyone has any useful core appreciation or major appreciation assesment or trial questions or anything else for that matter can you please post them to help other dance students? thanks heaps :)
i totally agree, i realised that as well. Was in search of some notes on Falling Angels by Jiri Kylian and Nacho Duato by Jardi Tancat but found no dance section. If i did well i wouldnt mind posting my essays and info up.

Bosico

HSC
Re: and who said dance was easy?

hannahb said:
i am sick of people thinking that dance is an 'easy' subject because IT IS NOT!
it takes up so much time and dedication and there are more cores and major than in drama aswell as theory (2 essays) which we only have 1 hour to write whereas in drama you have one and a half...its not fair! SO WHY DON"T WE HAVE A PROPER FORUM!!!!!!! well i think it stinks....
i have found that the best place to find info on Ochres and Rooster is on www.hsc.csu.edu.au but most of you have already sussed that out
GOODLUCK guys!
OMG same here! it is the most annoying thing, people ask me oh what subjects do you do, i tell them and when i get to the end they are like, oh easy subjects. and there i am thinkin, okay be polite, so i explain to them the 4 differnt parts in the course and how hard it is to have to also do Major Composition for HSC because i dont have enough technique to do Major Performance since i have never had dance training outside of school. Eventually, i do argue my point that "dance is one of the hardest sub." and i get them to eventually agree to my point of view.

- although i must admit, music 2 is much harder. but dance isn't far off.
IF any one has notes on Falling Angel - jiri kylian, or NAcho Duato - jardi tancat
PLEASEEEEEEE post up!!
thanks!

kathrynso

HSC
Re: and who said dance was easy?

Awwww, I find it funny that some people didn't know that dance was a subject, bless them =)
I didn't know our appreciation exam was only one hour you're kidding....
Anyways, I wish you well in Major Comp. I never had any dance training but finished Major performance because its so much easier lol

Dance is time comsuming but i don't think it's hard =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)