No conclusion in essays... (1 Viewer)

astab

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

I just sat my paper 2 trials. I wrote all my introductions and body paragraphs how I wanted (except module C, which was a bit rushed), but I left my conclusions, telling myself to write them at the end if I had spare time. Unfortunately, I had no time left and didn't write any conclusions. What bearing will that have on the final mark? How much are conclusions worth?

Also, I wrote less than I wanted for Hamlet (about 5 pages). The question was on disturbance, which suited my generic essay rather well. I spoke about Hamlet's personal existential crisis, corruption of the Claudian court/Elizabethan society and spoke about resolution, albeit, by Hamlet's tragic death. I think I used 10 quotes but the analysis could've been a bit better. How many pages do markers expect for Module B?

PhysicsMaths

HSC
Hi guys,

I just sat my paper 2 trials. I wrote all my introductions and body paragraphs how I wanted (except module C, which was a bit rushed), but I left my conclusions, telling myself to write them at the end if I had spare time. Unfortunately, I had no time left and didn't write any conclusions. What bearing will that have on the final mark? How much are conclusions worth?

Also, I wrote less than I wanted for Hamlet (about 5 pages). The question was on disturbance, which suited my generic essay rather well. I spoke about Hamlet's personal existential crisis, corruption of the Claudian court/Elizabethan society and spoke about resolution, albeit, by Hamlet's tragic death. I think I used 10 quotes but the analysis could've been a bit better. How many pages do markers expect for Module B?
5 is very short for an essay. I think you should aim for about 8 pages with hsc booklet spacing or around 1-1.1k words
Conclusions aren't that important but you can't get full marks for an essay without a conclusion
Next time, if you only have 1 min left to write your conclusions just rewrite your thesis and mention your texts and for module B include a sentence about how your prescribed text maintains textural integrity

The marking criteria for most trials are divided up into groups such as 20-17 (B6), 16-13 (B5), 12-9 (B4) etc
If you produced a comprehensive, well-structured response with points + evidence that directly answers the question then you can get 17+ without a conclusion

Last edited:
Reactions: mx3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)