NO accommodation (1 Viewer)

clairebear41

HSC
Whats Belconnen like?
I'm such a small town person moving to a city is going to be that hectic for me!

tazraz

HSC
Beloconnen has a big Westfield, apparently heaps of the ANU kids work there. That's all I know.

clairebear41

HSC
oh good. well thats probably where I will end up working :)
Hahaha I'm pretty excited now. I feel sorry for those of you that are still waiting for an email. That must suck!

John555

HSC
What the hell...i just got into Bruce. Huh? I swear I went from being considered by Burgmann to Bruce to Fenner to Bruce to Fenner to Bruce. Wow I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
Wow this accom thing is crazy.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Sydney - yeeeah city girl. I don't really like it here though. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for going to Canberra but I think I'll prefer it.

Just had another read of the email they sent, and it says "The ANU community on this site will number 108." Does that mean that 108 is a number they use to sort of classify the residencies (Like how schools might have a Block A, Block B) or does it mean the number of people able to stay there is 108?

Edit: Also, what course are you doing?

littles123

HSC
People think im crazy for moving from melbourne too, sometimes u get over where you grow up :S

clairebear41

HSC
Sydney - yeeeah city girl. I don't really like it here though. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for going to Canberra but I think I'll prefer it.

Just had another read of the email they sent, and it says "The ANU community on this site will number 108." Does that mean that 108 is a number they use to sort of classify the residencies (Like how schools might have a Block A, Block B) or does it mean the number of people able to stay there is 108?

Edit: Also, what course are you doing?

Hahaha your going to be so prepared for the Canberra then.lol. I got the same thing everyone was like "omg why are you moving to Canberra, yuck"
But I mean we are going to the AUSTRALIAN national UNI...... thats why I'm moving to Canberra.

I dont get the whole 108 thing... who knows.

Im doing BA of Arts and a BA of Asia Pacific Studies. what about you?

gingerwitch28

HSC
People think im crazy for moving from melbourne too, sometimes u get over where you grow up :S
I definitely prefer Melbourne to Sydney. I grew up in Melbourne, actually, left when I was 7. One of my cousins just finished year 12 at University High. Really, though, Canberra is Australia's 'smartest' city, it's definitely where I wanna be :p What course are you doing?

Claire, I'm doing a B.A in International Relations. Which is why I'm moving to Canberra... I mean where else would you go for that? Makes perfect sense. And hey, Kevin Rudd did a B.A in Asia-Pacific Studies and he's not doing too shabby is he? :D

clairebear41

HSC

Exactly. It's good to have a change/. I have been to Canberra many times and I seriously don't understand why people hate it. I like it.... I mean there is no beach but merh. I like it better than Sydney.

littles123

HSC
I'm doing law/arts, miss out on like 0.30 for law at monash here and melbourne is now post grad so :S although second round offers come out today two.. if i get a second round offer it'd be kinda tempting to leave anu in the lurch like they have done for accommodation

freaksoutalot

HSC
Hahaha your going to be so prepared for the Canberra then.lol. I got the same thing everyone was like "omg why are you moving to Canberra, yuck"
But I mean we are going to the AUSTRALIAN national UNI...... thats why I'm moving to Canberra.

I dont get the whole 108 thing... who knows.

Im doing BA of Arts and a BA of Asia Pacific Studies. what about you?
Im doing the same degree, whatre u majoring in?

gingerwitch28

HSC
I'm doing law/arts, miss out on like 0.30 for law at monash here and melbourne is now post grad so :S although second round offers come out today two.. if i get a second round offer it'd be kinda tempting to leave anu in the lurch like they have done for accommodation
Still nothing? :( Maybe you could call. You could end up at Uni Gardens with us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)