Nintendo DS or PSP?? (1 Viewer)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
The way you guys say it, it is as if specs should not be considered at all, which is completey inccorrect. Specs are important, just not as important.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Grobus said:
Specs is a pretty bad reason to choose one console over another since its the games that matter.
HMmm, I recon price on top of all, as EB america says that the PSP is about 200 US dollars = 265 Australian dollars. If thats the case, then the 265 dollars sure is worth it. http://www.gadgetmadness.com/archives/20041210-preorder_your_sony_psp_from_ebgames.php

I just wonder how accurate this information is tho. Considering if azn_spirit got his imported for 600 dollars. Hmmm, If its 265 dollars for real, I'll get a PSP for sure = ). graphics are so much better than DS.

However another american source claims PSP final release price is 250 US which is 330 Aus dollars. http://www.i4u.com/article2837.html . 330 aUS Is slight bit much.

I sure hopes its less than 300 dollars tho.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Prices change, specs don't.
Also, a lower price doesn't necessarily gaurantee an advantage in the market. The GCN cost the least out of the "next-gen" consoles, and now it's dead.

I think the release line-up of games will decide which machine reigns supreme. The handheld with the least number of rushed, half-boiled, third-party games on sale would probably have the initial advantage.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Which would u get Komaticom?

i.e. gamewise DS has a few thousand titles more

i.e. performancewise PSP beats DS 5 times

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
what about the 3rd console, gizmondo.

it is more powerful than PSP and has GPS reciever.

abiet it doesn't look as good.

and you never know, nGage might make a come back :rolleyes:

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I wouldnt rely on those conversions for the price.

A new Xbox game in the US = US$50, here its US$75.

Again, why would you buy a console for graphics? Would you rather play some shit game with mad graphics like Doom 3 or an older game with better game play like Half Life?

Last edited:

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Komaticom said:
Prices change, specs don't.
Also, a lower price doesn't necessarily gaurantee an advantage in the market. The GCN cost the least out of the "next-gen" consoles, and now it's dead.

I think the release line-up of games will decide which machine reigns supreme. The handheld with the least number of rushed, half-boiled, third-party games on sale would probably have the initial advantage.
Dude, GCN is far from dead. I know I sound like a Nintendo fanboy here, but RE4 has made a whole shitload of gamers rebuy their GCNs. Sales are up quite a lot.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Vangineer said:
Which would u get Komaticom?
At the moment I'm sitting on the fence- but I'll haul my ass off that fence once both handhelds and their line-up of games have hit shelves across Australia. I have a N64, so I'm not very excited about playing a portable Mario Kart 64 on the DS, so I'll go for the PSP IFF I like the games on it (eg, Metal Gear Solid, FF7). Otherwise, I'll stick with my good ol' GBA-SP.

Grobus said:
GCN is far from dead. ... RE4 has made a whole shitload of gamers rebuy their GCNs. Sales are up quite a lot.
Stating the obvious, the GCN is still way behind the PS2 and Xbox. The system just doesn't have enough games, has no online functions, and usually gets multi-platform games ported to it last (when the appeal of those games wear thin).

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
The games are region free! Definately, it's one of the PSP's highlights. Movies and music are locked though, due to other laws..

So it'll be cheaper ordering from overseas, if you know where to buy them, and you won't have to wait as long for new games to reach domestic shores.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
There definately isnt any justice when it comes to game sales. Enter the Matrix sold some ridiculous number.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
In terms of release games,

Even tho the DS has some pretty kiddy games, to be honest they look pretty fun.
Nintendoinsider has some pics of bomberman DS. it looks so fun ^_^
DS has a stack of pretty kool looking release games for the console, whereas PSP has a load of junk like mahjong (not that I hate Mahjong) , Golf, some 2d capcom game, lumines --> tetris with lotsa colours.

However, DS didnt do so well either according to Australian Gamepro where the 5 games reviewd were all rated at the average 6/10. That sounz shit huh?? Especially Ridge racer DS --> the graphics look like a total disaster --> see on ign video section.

Atm im still leaning towards buying a DS, but i think i'll wait until both systems are out on the market and new games come in. I'll buy one of either in about 3 months.

= )

sladehk

le random
HSC
don't buy DS! its all kiddie games! buy PSP!!!

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Kiddy might be fun, LOL

..............I bet u Michael Jackson will 100% buy a nintendo DS .... heheheh, he loves kiddies

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Vangineer said:
I bet u Michael Jackson will 100% buy a nintendo DS .... heheheh, he loves kiddies
Yes he does. He loves kiddies so much, he thought Boys 2 Men was a delivery service.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
I wonder how gud the games on the PSP are gonna be..I'm hopin that they could make a GTA game on the lines of Vice City

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If the PSP's graphics are superior than the PS2 graphics, it's smart marketing sense to make a 3D GTA game on the PSP.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
yea thad be mad, a portable version vice city in ur hands, but then again the battery life wouldnt allow u to play for heaps long

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Abide said:
The games are region free! Definately, it's one of the PSP's highlights. Movies and music are locked though, due to other laws..

So it'll be cheaper ordering from overseas, if you know where to buy them, and you won't have to wait as long for new games to reach domestic shores.
I'm just saying what hyper said, so i really don't know. Maybe they were just referring to movies and music.

I have a feeling that GTA will appear on PSP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)