Nihongo Dake (dispute resolved, thread re-opened) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnevil

HSC
JaX to iu kamoku wa ore no ichiban tokui dakara, raishuu no kinyou no shiken wo tanoshimi ni shiteiruna~!

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
hontou desuka? watashi wa kagaku no shiken wo owaru toki ni tanoshimi ni shiteiru yo! Sore wa watashi no saigo no shiken dakara... shiken, mou mittsu owatta kedo...

karnevil

HSC
un, boku mo shiken ga mitsu owachattayo. ii kimochi dayo...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Takuya, stop laughing at people's Japanese. There are a few points to your extravagant yet mildly odd English I've tastefully ignored. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Takuya
lol owachatta
And Takuya, for crying out loud, it's only a single mora! Transliteration comes with more difficulty to those who have become accustomed to kana. Anyway, don't make me correct your English :p

Last edited:

jogloran

̉p̂Ƃ킴͎ɂƂ́Eł傤H@"Two wrongs don't make a right"ƂB‚́AEȂ̂₪Ă邻̌tEƁAł͂ȁEĂĂE̐lāEłBEľt{l̂Ƃ̂̂ĂƂāÄʎЉ̑S݁E킯͂Ȃł傤B͂̂Ƃ킴̈ӖȂ̂łBɁAI[XgA͓{ƓEȂłǁA铇ȂE܂BAI[XgAł́uOlvƂϔO݂͑܂BȂȂAEӖʼnX͑SiA{Wj[Ȃǂ̖jOlłBłAt͂قƂǎgĂ܂BŁAɂ邩肻̌tgĂ͂Ɩł͂Ȃ̂ł傤HƂ{̂Ƃ킴ɂƁu֑vł傤H

Last edited:

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Originally posted by jogloran
̉p̂Ƃ킴͎ɂƂ́Eł傤H
"Two wrongs don't make a right"ƂB‚́AEȂ̂₪Ă邻̌tEƁAł͂ȁEĂĂE̐lāEłBEľt{l̂Ƃ̂̂ĂƂāÄʎЉ̑S݁E킯͂Ȃł傤B͂̂Ƃ킴̈ӖȂ̂łBɁAI[XgA͓{ƓEȂłǁA铇ȂE܂BAI[XgAł́uOlvƂϔO݂͑܂BȂȂAEӖʼnX͑SiA{Wj[Ȃǂ̖jOlłBłAt͂قƂǎgĂ܂BŁAɂ邩肻̌tgĂ͂Ɩł͂Ȃ̂ł傤HƂ{̂Ƃ킴ɂƁu֑vł傤H
Despite poor Japanese character handling by this forum, your written Japanese is OK.

However there are some things which understanding the language itself will not teach you about Japanese.

Without resorting to debate, the term gaijin is a precise term used to describe Westerners, not English people coming to Aborigine's Australian land, etc. Mind you, in the Japanese language, it is not as insulting as the word 'Jap' in the Western language.

So here is the deal. You call me Jap. I call you gaijin.

There are many worse terms than 'gaijin', so maybe it is more than fair.

edited by moderator (readability)

Last edited by a moderator:

jogloran

What I meant was that in Australia, with that exception, we are all immigrants in some way.

Anyway, I wouldn't call you Jap, and I'd like you to reciprocate by giving me (though there are some who use the word in an abusive capacity to which you should arguably not refrain) the same courtesy, and not succumbing to the fallacy you call ꊇ.

kt san

hey if i dun look like a foreigner....like if i look asian...will i still be called a gaijin?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm not going to try and battle you on home turf, but please don't confuse people on the use of gaijin. Obviously in colloquial Japanese the term applies to non-Japanese (specifically westerners, one of which jogloran is not :p) but the formal (and more appropriate meaning) is still "one from a foreign place", rather than one of a specific background. The meaning in contemporary Japanese is currently changing but you can not say that "gaijin" no longer means "outsider", which (to put it bluntly) here you clearly are. :)

edit: I thought I made it clear before that none were to use the term "jap" anyway? It's roots are in wartime propaganda, it offers nothing for cultural advancement, and it's a particularly ugly sound anyway. Hence, nobody uses it anyway. (or I edit you)

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by kt san
hey if i dun look like a foreigner....like if i look asian...will i still be called a gaijin?
Oddly, it all depends on if the Japanese know you're not one of "them". When in Disneyland, I approached the entrance to a ride with my teacher. I don't look particularly asian (except perhaps for my black hair) but my teacher is Russian. So when we got to the car, the attendant spoke to me in Japanese but to Mr Serge in English. I was surprised, because it should have been very apparent as we approached that his Japanese was far superior to mine.

kouri

well w t f
HSC
woop woop...

goes crazy.

nihongo .....banzaiiiiii banzaiiiiii
eigo mo banzaiiiiiii
chuugoku go mo BAnnnnnzaiiiiiii

nanjaro hoi hoi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)