Nightfill (1 Viewer)

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
iambored said:
aren't the supermarkets the only ones with nightfill? when you apply for coles you tick nightfill, knowing you will be on at midnight and 3am etc. when you apply for the other brands you just apply.
No. Kmart definately had nightfill! And so does Big W... infact any big store like these would most definately have a night fill team. Otherwise the store would be empty. We never worked past Midnight. The normal shift is 6-10pm and 7-11pm on thursday late night shopping. However, christmas time we would often work 8-midnight. Its hard to do work when the store is open and we are not meant to deal with customers so its a pain.

Nightfill has its perks but it has some downfalls aswell - mainly cop the tempers of managers if they had a bad day, you dont get treated like a real employee (in my experience) and they turn the aircon and radio off when you arrive because they are leaving.
Ive done my time on the nightshift. I want mornings ... :eek:

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
k, so i assume coles is the only one with a separate application box then.
are there no managers in nightfill?
do you have to wear a uniform? (how do you get a uniform?)
can you be transferred to day work?

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
There are sometimes managers working late, but there is a team leader who basically tells everyone what to do. You wear the same uniform as everyone else that they give to you. You can work during the day aswell if they need you to. Just let them know your avaliable.

I cant speak for coles, but im sure it wouldnt be too different. It all depends of managers there.

Sabbo

HSC
iambored said:
k, so i assume coles is the only one with a separate application box then.
are there no managers in nightfill?
do you have to wear a uniform? (how do you get a uniform?)
can you be transferred to day work?
At my work there is always one manager or supervisor on nightfill. Basically as soon as the store is closed we don't need to wear uniform so on nighfill we come in casual clothing (unless it's like christmas where the store is open late and we're filling at the same time)

We order uniforms in through "hard yakka" but they give you the option to wear a white shirt with tie instead of the red target shirt.

This is for Target so it would probably vary to other companies

Last edited:

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Sabbo said:
At my work there is always one manager or supervisor on nightfill. Basically as soon as the store is closed we don't need to wear uniform so on nighfill we come in casual clothing (unless it's like christmas where the store is open late and we're filling at the same time)

We order uniforms in through "hard yakka" but they give you the option to wear a white shirt with tie instead of the red target shirt.

This is for Target so it would probably vary to other companies
That uniform policy is the same for all Coles Myer stores.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
theone123 said:
a guess wud be 13
Almost a good guess , slightly over the pay.

Also depends on whether you are a casual or part time night fill person

Casuals get more pay , but have unsecure job prospects.

Part time get less pay , but have a secure job prospect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)