Night before studier? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
oh thank god its wednesday... i saw someones post and forgot business is tomorrow and for a second thought thursday is today meaning paper 1 tomorrow....

Maystar

HSC
-may-cat- said:
oh thank god its wednesday... i saw someones post and forgot business is tomorrow and for a second thought thursday is today meaning paper 1 tomorrow....
Wow, lucky you. You get to have that feeling twice. :p

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Maystar said:
Wow, luck you. You get to have that feeling twice. :p
smartass, no its just cuz im not completly ready yet, by tomorrow night i should be so i wont be freaking out. (as i type this im i know in my head its bullshit)

HSC
Rose. said:
It's not even really that important to me.
HSC and UAI is a joke anyway.
They're getting rid of it in a couple of years.
no they aren't getting rid of it in 2010. they even have on the board of studies site a link to make recommendations for changes they are making to the curricula and syllabi.

don't tell porkies.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
-may-cat- said:
smartass, no its just cuz im not completly ready yet, by tomorrow night i should be so i wont be freaking out. (as i type this im i know in my head its bullshit)
trust me no one will truly 100% feel ready for friday i

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
cardinalsfan70- i will always think of you as cardinal fish from now on.

Maystar

HSC
-may-cat- said:
no offense meant, the same will happen to me...even if i write out everything i am going to do, and i do all of it, i still worry about all those what ifs.
good thing about english though (if there even could be one) is that everyones in the same boat. if you remember that its not so bad.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Maystar said:
no offense meant, the same will happen to me...even if i write out everything i am going to do, and i do all of it, i still worry about all those what ifs.
good thing about english though (if there even could be one) is that everyones in the same boat. if you remember that its not so bad.
i guess so, god i hate english though....
im really worried they will throw us some random form to write in, like radio transcript or something, if they do ill be screwed.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol i didnt really take a good look to check his name may lol

and i will definietly be cramming tomorrow night but oh well so will pretty much every other single person doing the hsc

Maystar

HSC
-may-cat- said:
i guess so, god i hate english though....
im really worried they will throw us some random form to write in, like radio transcript or something, if they do ill be screwed.
yeah, but like i said, the majority people are going to react exactly the same way.

you know, i hate cramming, stupid how i cant study 2 nights before, but its all i can do the night before.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Maystar said:
yeah, but like i said, the majority people are going to react exactly the same way.

you know, i hate cramming, stupid how i cant study 2 nights before, but its all i can do the night before.
its cuz the stress gets to you, you feel you must be doing something cuz everyone else probably is.

lucidassembly

HSC
-may-cat- said:
its cuz the stress gets to you, you feel you must be doing something cuz everyone else probably is.
Yeah, I think that's one of the worst parts about the HSC. Everyone is pressured to start studying from the yr11 holidays, and if you don't, you feel like you're doomed before you've even begun. I know these exams are very important, but there shouldn't be such an insane amount of pressure placed on students. I mean, even the teachers agree!

friction

HSC
Lol there aint much pressure around here to even study now. All year there was practically no pressure to study actually possibly the opposite. Depends where you go to school maybe.

Maystar

HSC
-may-cat- said:
Yeah, there's way too much weight placed on the HSC. I know I can say that the HSC is not the end of the world and it's not the be all and end all...but at the same time, it's very hard to follow my own advice.

Kinda like a revolving door

^^^There's a beautiful simile for english i just made up. Use at your own risk.

lucidassembly

HSC
friction said:
Lol there aint much pressure around here to even study now. All year there was practically no pressure to study actually possibly the opposite. Depends where you go to school maybe.
Count yourself lucky lol. It probably does differ between schools, but I'm definitely in the same situation as Maystar currently. I can understand that there are a million different paths you can take to get into the courses or fields you want, but it stills feels a tad apocalyptic if I don't do at least moderately well in the hsc. Years of ingrained expectations are truly a pain.

Revolving doors... might steal that for my journeys story :p

*Baby-K*

HSC
I have been studying from 12-7/8pm with breaks and stuff daily but I am only gonna memorise my essay/creative writing tomorrow

Maystar

HSC
lucidassembly said:
Count yourself lucky lol. It probably does differ between schools, but I'm definitely in the same situation as Maystar currently. I can understand that there are a million different paths you can take to get into the courses or fields you want, but it stills feels a tad apocalyptic if I don't do at least moderately well in the hsc. Years of ingrained expectations are truly a pain.

Revolving doors... might steal that for my journeys story :p
You bolded me! :D
Ha...you can use that...but if you beat me, I'll have to take action.
Somehow I fear that I will think I have failed myself if I don't do well. But I'm sure I will right? Right, of course I will. My friends keep telling me they have yet to introduce me to alcohol "properly", so there may be some consolation there.
I'm beyond taking study breaks now. I break the exam or it breaks me.

HSC
123delirious said:
I've only hear rumours of the SC getting the chop, not the HSC.
actually my english co-ordinator told us that the department got a survey outlining possible changes. one of them was to keep the current system i.e having paper 1 -a.o.s then paper 2
the other option was changing to a kinda american SATs with multiply choices or to eraicate paper 2 and make it one paper 3 hrs long with a.o.s and only 2 electives which means you will still have to learn 3 however they wont tell u which 2 elective areas its gonna be on. apparently that was to cut money out i.e dont have to pay for as many markers.... also the reason this yr why we didnt get a journeys stimulus booklet... :( hmmm what happened to kinds are the future so invest in them...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I've been pretty consistant, 8 hours a day for the past three weeks now

Night before I'll do light revision, watch my normal tv and go to bed at the normal time.

lucidassembly

HSC
Maystar said:
You bolded me! :D
Ha...you can use that...but if you beat me, I'll have to take action.
Somehow I fear that I will think I have failed myself if I don't do well. But I'm sure I will right? Right, of course I will. My friends keep telling me they have yet to introduce me to alcohol "properly", so there may be some consolation there.
I'm beyond taking study breaks now. I break the exam or it breaks me.
I did indeed bold you :p Haha I wouldn't worry... I already have a more than terrible story prepared, and I think such a brilliant simile would upset its overall mood of awfulness.

Yeah, I'm with you on that completely. I've been studying non-stop today (other than current BOSing, of course), but it still feels entirely futile. I'm settling in for a long period of beating myself up if I don't do well. Thus, I'm holding onto the hope that the hsc will be easier than the trials, and the exemplar answers for various subjects are usually pretty crappy lol.

I've managed to prevent my friends from introducing me to alcohol as of yet. I plan on holding out a little longer... their infuriation amuses me far too much :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)