NIDA, UWS or CSU??? (1 Viewer)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Is anybody going for NIDA or the acting courses at either UWS or CSU next year???

Wot pieces are you doing?

For NIDA i'm doing;

* Pasty- Little Murders
* Rhonda- Who's Afraid Of The Working Class
* Viola- Twelfth Night

For CSU;

* Lady Macbeth- Macbeth
* Gillian - Dags

& last, but not least! UWS;

*Viola- Twelfth

& if i fail all my autions...im gonna do B Arts with Theatre Studies as my major..

So is anyone as crazy as me?:D

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i havent really chosen for sure, but for NIDA (BDArts) i'm thinking

Queen Margaret - Henry VI Part III
Nina - Jerusalem
Mary O'Donnell - Bombshells

and for VCA (BMusical Theatre)

Judy Garland - End of the Rainbow ("The Man that got Away")
Victoria - Victor/Victoria ("Le Jazz Hot/Chicago Illinois/Crazy World" Medley)
Adelaide - Guys and Dolls ("Adelaide's Lament")
Mary O'Donnell - Bombshells ("O'Shaunessy/Shaft")

i am doing the NIDA audition November 16th at 9am and the VCA on 25th January at 2pm.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
^^^i know! its good isnt it? i love adelaide.

come on people, surely more of you are auditioning for drama school next year...

hotchick

Hi Roz I'm not going to either one of those. But i think you should go to CSU to ur acting course.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
Oh cool!..i hope im on da same day!!!!!....if i am, im the short, fat girl!:D
yeah, i hope so. if you have recently sent in your application form, the letter back should be coming any day now. have you thought about VCA? its a really good performing arts school too.

anyway, best of luck.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Well, I can't say I'm applying for the BDA Acting courses, but I am applying for VCA and NIDA Bachelor of Dramatic Arts (Production).

The NIDA application is pretty rigorous, set model, pretty much a plain prompt copy, questions about the text, plus your own portfolio. Major craziness seeing as I have 3 jobs! VCA's is a tad easier.

However, I'm already in Bach Creative Arts (Theatre Studies) @ Uni of Melb.

Kyroth***

HSC
I'm going for UoW, cos they'll ley me do a double with science. Stupid CSU said "Science and acting?!? Gasp! How could you possibly think that? No one could possibly let you do those so tottally oppisite things!!!" Well, I maintain they are not as opposite as most people think.
Anyway, UoW. Does anyone know if there is a specific list for the audition, or can you pick your own? You have to sing too, right?

jaihson

HSC
Just be careful about wollongong. I know a few people who came out of that course and they said they wouldn't recommend it to anyone. One even asked to repeat her 2nd year because she felt she didnt get enough from it. Just check it all out before u do it if its the performing arts industry you want to get into.
Just some advice... I may be completely wrong too lol

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
Damn!...got my letter today..its the 21st of Nov at 9am....anyone else one that day??
i shouldve said that im not available all of november, that wouldve given me more time to rehearse after the hsc...oh well, we do our best, eh stalky...

ritchwitch

All three

I'm applying for all three very soon, but I haven't chosen for sure which pieces I'm using for the auditions. It's kind of time-consuming and time isn't exacty something I have a lot of right now. I'll have the applications in on time but the actual pieces will have to wait a week or two. I'll let you know then if u want.

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
hey, my name is Trine.
oh dear, i perhaps am going for a NIDA audition.
the thing is I didnt do a monologue, because I had my eyes set on the marks and decided to make a set design. Bad choice, tedious and f'in annoying. But it was pretty good so not to worry. What was I saying?..... Yes. Nida. I haven't had the pract, to gear me up for it phsyically. Oh well.
Im doing, Nina from Jerusalem, Imogen from Shakespeare's Cymbeline, and a humourous monolgue called 'cat lady.'
so best of luck to everyone,

ritchwitch

to trina233

It shouldn't really matter that you did set design instead because they mainly look at your audition (I think). They want to see if they can build on raw talent rather than seeing a really well tutored actor who's stuck in the conventions taught to them so "not having the pract to gear you up" may work in your favour depending on if I'm interpreting what you said the right way. Good luck with the auditions though

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Meh, i did scriptwriting for the HSC....i think NIDA will hopefully *fingers crossed* pay close attention to our autions but im pretty sure they look for ppl with good backgrounds..well thats wot i heard
from ppl who used to go to NIDA.......im really hoping to go to Wagga Wagga..leave my crap life behind & start a new one for better or for worse!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
the nida auditioners dont give a rats ass what you did for the hsc, they are simply there to recognise talent. if you put in a good performance, you have a chance.

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
trina reply

thanks ritch witch,
yeh I had a though about the raw talent factor, and have decided what will I lose, in the end I will be gaining experience anyway so yeh!
How many people are auditioning? I am just about to send away my application over the net. And am hoping they will line me up after the exams!
Cheers, everyone best of luck.

Kyroth***

HSC
Does anyone know where I can find the list of monolouges for UoW? I can't seem to find them anywhere!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)