nida technical production course (1 Viewer)

colosus

HSC
okay so nida isnt really a uni althought its got ties with unsw. i was wondering is anyone doing or know someone who has done their technical production course.

at first i wanted to go to uts but wont get their uai then started thinking about charles sturt

so confused:confused:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
nida's pretty hard to get into from high school, tha's all i know.. u usualy need to have some sorta industry experience before NIDA. unless you're like really talented.

colosus

HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
Yeah it is bloody hard. My mums friends daughter got in after 3 attempts, graduated a few years ago and landed a part on Blue Heelers (the chick with the short blond hair) straight out of Nida. Just shows how hard it can be to get in.
did u think i was talking about the acting course. well im not

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
mm, though colosus, it's not just the acting course which is hard to get in, e.g only 3 people outta a copulea thousand from around OZ got into the design course. the course you're thinking of doing is pretty competitive too.

check the nida prospectus, i think it's on their site. if you've already done so, sorry =)

colosus

HSC
thanks for the info guys . still wondering were else i can pursue this.

colosus

HSC
thanks for the info guys . still wondering were else i can pursue this.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i think you posted a thread a few months ago about this didnt ya..? maybe it was someone else.

i'd really recommend talking to someone fromt eh AFTRS. i wanted to become a screenwriter last year (pah..) and i went to one of those Summerskill workshops they had at the AFTRS and talked to one of the dudes, and he gave me some really helpful advice.

Like, experience is REALLY important in that sorta industry, so for what you're thikning of doing- technical production, it might be more worthwhile to get straight into the industry by getting some sort of job in a television studio, and doing short courses/Tafe/part-time uni or something, than to just do uni.

colosus

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
i think you posted a thread a few months ago about this didnt ya..? maybe it was someone else.

i'd really recommend talking to someone fromt eh AFTRS. i wanted to become a screenwriter last year (pah..) and i went to one of those Summerskill workshops they had at the AFTRS and talked to one of the dudes, and he gave me some really helpful advice.

Like, experience is REALLY important in that sorta industry, so for what you're thikning of doing- technical production, it might be more worthwhile to get straight into the industry by getting some sort of job in a television studio, and doing short courses/Tafe/part-time uni or something, than to just do uni.
thatnks for the advice. well long termbecoming producer.director is my ambition but one thing at a time. i usually think producing suits me best. anwayz

with the technical side u have to start somewhere. and yeas i did post something about it a while ago peopel were suggesting what uni i go to. so u still have aspirations for screenwriting.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
np dude

nah.. well i dunno.. sometimes i wish i had done writing instead of what i'm doing now (architecture) but i've always had a problem with motivation for writing. maybe it was just laziness heh.

it's still my back-up plan though.. if all else fails i'm gonna try get into film industry either designing or producing

colosus

HSC
well thanks. my careers adviser has also suggeted a marketing trainee ship.if all else fails.

do u think that's a good idea.

How exactly does marketing tie in with producing.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
np ;)

yeah i guess.. a marketing traineeship could prolly get you into most industries.. *shrugs* i'm not really sure exactly _how_ it could get you into producing though, your careers adviser should be telling u that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)