nexttttt (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
Can anyone give a rundown on Renal Dialysis, in comparison with normal kidney function? I know the basics...but need more detail
Do we have to be as specific as knowing what the role of dialysate solution is etc?
The dialysis solution has concentrations of things, like, vitamins/waste products such that the wastes from blood will diffuse into the solution and the vitamins etc. from the solution will diffuse into the blood. I think.

pooja_107

HSC
the dialysis fluid is the fluid which contains water, amino acids, gases, salts and glucose, it basically assists in the diffusion of appropriate substance to and in blood...i think...cause for people who have their kidneys failed...they cant reabosrb all the glucose and stuff that the body needs...

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
danz90 said:
Isn't the HSC Advice Line closed atm? lol

Yess 2) is very important.. talking MHC molecules/markers is band 6 standard. ;) Major Histocompatibility Complex - a protein molecule that is present on the membrane surface of all cells.. and presents antigens.

Can anyone give a rundown on Renal Dialysis, in comparison with normal kidney function? I know the basics...but need more detail
Do we have to be as specific as knowing what the role of dialysate solution is etc?
Similarities: They both remove nitrogenous wastes; they both maintain blood water and blood salt concentrations

Differences: In the kidney, pressure filtration occurs, in dialysis diffusion occurs; the tubule is teh selectively permeable membrane in the kidney, the dialysis tubing is the the selectively permeable membrane in diaslysis; in the kidney both filtration and reabsorbtion occur, in dialysis on filtration occurs; the kidney works continually and is very efficient, while dialysis is intermittent.

The role of the dialysate solution is to maintain glucose, amino acid, water, mineral and vitamin concentration in the blood. Because there is no reabsorption, if it were not for the dialysate solution, these substances would diffuse out of the blood, however, by maintaining the same concentration in the solution as there is in the blood there is no gradient for diffusions (osmosis for water)

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
pooja_107 said:
the dialysis fluid is the fluid which contains water, amino acids, gases, salts and glucose, it basically assists in the diffusion of appropriate substance to and in blood...i think...cause for people who have their kidneys failed...they cant reabosrb all the glucose and stuff that the body needs...
but Heamodialysis method dosent reabsorb required materials?

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
midifile said:
Similarities: They both remove nitrogenous wastes; they both maintain blood water and blood salt concentrations

Differences: In the kidney, pressure filtration occurs, in dialysis diffusion occurs; the tubule is teh selectively permeable membrane in the kidney, the dialysis tubing is the the selectively permeable membrane in diaslysis; in the kidney both filtration and reabsorbtion occur, in dialysis on filtration occurs; the kidney works continually and is very efficient, while dialysis is intermittent.

The role of the dialysate solution is to maintain glucose, amino acid, water, mineral and vitamin concentration in the blood. Because there is no reabsorption, if it were not for the dialysate solution, these substances would diffuse out of the blood, however, by maintaining the same concentration in the solution as there is in the blood there is no gradient for diffusions (osmosis for water)
ye , whatever he sais ;)

dolbinau

HSC
midifile said:

Are minerals/amino acids etc.. ever added or is the concentration of the fluid just so they don't exit the blood?

danz90

HSC
midifile said:

you've smashed it ;) thankss

thanks to all others who contributed to that question too :D

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
dolbinau said:
Are minerals/amino acids etc.. ever added or is the concentration of the fluid just so they don't exit the blood?
I dont think they enter the blood from the dialysate (or at least thats what my teacher said), I think they are only there so that minerals and stuff in the blood dont diffuse out

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
ALGALELE said:
oh,so its a she

my bad..

howwwwwwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuu doinnnnnnnnnnnn ;)
pretty shit =[

i hate biology

cant wait till 12:30 tomorrow =] =] =]

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
midifile said:
pretty shit =[

i hate biology

cant wait till 12:30 tomorrow =] =] =]
...and i cant wait til 5.30 tomorw lol. igot legal and bio!! oh well. at least i get 4units out of the way!!!

pm'd ;)

tau281290

HSC
Anyone do the option The code broken?

Can someone tell me what is the crrent understanding of gene expression?

danz90

HSC
dolbinau said:
By remembering PMAT (Prophase, Metaphase, Anophase, Telephase) and watching these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxUih-NMcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_LUJSqeSrI&feature=related

I've kind of got it.
thanks for that. there are some other good youtube videos that explain meiosis well: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=D1_-mQS_FZ0

my teacher said that remembering each phase is not necessary for our syllabus. we just need to know that in meiosis crossing over, random segragation and independent assortment occurs, and how this leads to variability in offspring.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
tau281290 said:
Anyone do the option The code broken?

Can someone tell me what is the crrent understanding of gene expression?
Im pretty sure I explained it somewhere earlier in this thread

I cbf doing it again, so maybe just try searching for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)