Next Year (1 Viewer)

chip

HSC
ok i have no idea what so ever what i'm going to do next year....... when do preferences have to be in?

does someone want to pick for me?

some suggestions at least

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Tell us what subjects you do, what your likes/dislikes are, what your favourite subjects are etc and we might be able to help more!

chip

HSC
so thoughtless of me.....
subjects
eng adv
eng ext 1
eng ext 2
chem
maths
legal
music

my likes are so far apart and so are my dislikes its hard to narrow it down if that makes sense

one week i want to do something in health
the next week i like the idea of being in the legal feild
then i want to be like in the navy or something

very confused :p

chip

HSC
fav subject
legal/music

i love my major work

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
ok answer these (just to start, there will be more):

Science or Humanities:
Indoors or outdoors:

chip

HSC
see i like the idea of both for the first question

maybe outdoors

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
do you like maths?

arts/science or arts/commerce? if you don't mind spending another 5 years studying

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Do you want to help people? Just have a fun job? Just make as much money as you can?
Do you want a sorta spontaneous, roll with the punches type of job, or a stable, 9-5 type of thing?
Do you want to work around lots of people or work independently?
Do you want to do something creative or something concrete?

Tell us more about you! ;)

chip

HSC
i would love to work in a job where there a lots of people and i get to help them.... i love children (dont work in child care tho)
i'd say i'm an outgoing person mostly and heaps indepandant
energetic

stellar

How about teaching?

Do you have a copy of the UAC Book? I also found the Undergraduate Prospectus Booklets from different universities interesting to read. The USyd one has a "Day in the life of..[whatever student]" so you get a brief insight of what a day of Uni is like for each of them.

chip

HSC
hey thats not a bad idea

dont think i'd be a great teacher tho and i wouldnt want to be teaching people the wrong stuff

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hehe thats funny

what about a social worker: you can work with kids, help people, and you are indoors and out.

s2ophie

HSC
yeah i'd say the social worker thing. You could study the law side of things, your englsih would be useful for sommunicating and you could use your music as therapy. However the chem isn't really part of the equation(sorry bad pun) but if your anything like me you would think that you could survive without doing anymore chemistry in your life ever!

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Go become a doctor, then go live the rest of your life in a 3rd world remote country helping people.
If i was going to become a doctor thats what i would love to do

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by stinger
hmmm ... confused about your sexuality?
:D

get a copy of the UAC book and have a good look. and the uni sends out books that you can look at as well.

chip

HSC
i like the social worker idea and i like the doctor idea (haven't got those marks sadly)

and i've read the UAC and job guide books many time - many jobs appeal to me......

thanx for your help guys

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
i am lost.. i have absoloutly no idea wat im gona do.. *sigh* ~ i thought about just choosing the lowest UAI required in University course and picking dat way cause i just stuffed up my HSc ..... ^_^ but dats just dumb

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If you don't know what you want to do, you could just do something broad like an arts degree or a science degree, and then do postgrad study to specialize a bit more. That way you have got more time to figure out exactly what you wanna do, and you will experience stuff at uni that might really help you make your decision.

Also while you are at uni you will hear about all the other courses/career paths and this will help your decision.

And no matter what career you go in to, employers like employees that have broad skills.

malayz_angel

Our careers adviser is always telling us about this computer quiz that you can take which suggests possible careers u might enjoy/be good at. I haven't taken it yet as I'm pretty sure I want to do something in the area of arts/law/media/journalism. I probably will take it next term, but baby_mulanz, maybe ur school has this quiz too. U should do it! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)