Newcastle Law (1 Viewer)

Libbster

HSC
not v. good, hence why i went to sydney. one of my friends transferred from there down here to usyd and said newcastle is no comparison to sydney.

dumbralph

HSC
I'm at newcastle at it seems to be a very good law school - not as prestigous as sydney and others but still reputable. i also had a some friends who transferred to sydney, and have said that the only difference really is the prestige - the law is the same wherever you go. ive only done one year, but the course is largely problem based and most students are local.

my teachers are telling me that the school is very reputable in the legal community in both newcastle and NSW. we just won the national family law mooting compitition, so i guess thats pretty good. i think people just look down on newcastle. mabe becasue the demand to get in isnt as high, or its not as well known as other schools. i dont really know, or care, but, realistically good things are coming out of the school and you consider going there! haha.

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
reputation doesnt really matter that much in the big scheme of things.
Potential employers, for the most part, probably won't discount you just because u went to one uni over another. It's all about what you think will be better for you. Try to let other factors influence your decision rather than dwelling on reputation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)