Newbie (1 Viewer)

Stash

hey im in yr 11 startin YR12 soon n i was wonderin wat da HSC eng is lik n wat is need 2 do well in dis subject
thanzz

*Pooja*

okay. from my experience doing well in eng adv is to do lots of ur own research and 2 stay as far as u can away from the teacher's notes and the like.

dont make notes everyday....if that doesnt work 4 u i mean. do them at the end of everyweek or sumthing. i found it extremely annoying 2 redo(times infinity) my notes from teacher/class discussions. but u might find doing ur notes everyday much better. do what works out for u....

look up as many different essay qs as u can and attempt them under test conditions-that is give one essay about 40mins working time. do one and then bug ur teacher 2 mark it...if ur teacher's crap then get a good teacher that u like 2 mark it! keep doing practice qs and continue 2 bug ur teacher(s). (this may make u look like a suck-up but it depends on how and when u approach them).

do not stick 2 study guides - they lead 2 ruin in many cases esp when a teacher finds too very similar stuff in ppl's writings. anyway researching on the net is more fun. go to sparknotes.com and try finding links from there!

so yeah...hope all this helped!!!!!!!!!!!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
A basic understanding of spelling and the english language generally goes along way in English Advanced, suprising that

Always look for your own intepretations. Find lots of quotes, take them completly out of context. Do practice papers.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
A basic understanding DOES help! I think we've all found that at some point.

Write the 'Perfect' essay and memorise paragraphs of it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)