New Zealand Hip hop is killing aussie hip hop.... (1 Viewer)

HSC
:rolleyes: that shit on the radio is not hip hop, a watered-down version of hip hop, yes, but no i refuse to call that shit hip hop and allow people to judge a great genre because of the pop rap they hear on the radio.

you can't throw Murda Mase into the same category as J-Kwon

illmatic

NaS
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
:rolleyes: that shit on the radio is not hip hop, a watered-down version of hip hop, yes, but no i refuse to call that shit hip hop and allow people to judge a great genre because of the pop rap they hear on the radio.

you can't throw Murda Mase into the same category as J-Kwon

i know you can't put them into the same category, but that doesnt mean J-Kwon aint hip hop does it? I mean, he's rhyming to a beat isnt he?

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
i'm probably wrong, but isn't there some distinction between 'rap' and 'hip hop'?

and what i think hiphophorray is trying to say is that whilst it is hip hop, it's commercial radio hip hop, and people shouldn't make judgements of the genre based solely on this kind of music.

HSC
anyways....back to the topic of the thread...

NZ has alot more to put forward then us here in oz...why? Because it is their mainstream and most preferred form of music, so logically if it is the musical or artistic milieu in which people are brought up...aren't they bound to make music relative to this?

Australian hiphop is comin up, for sure...it just hasnt become instilled in peoples minds that (despite our accent lol) we are not only capable but worthy of great hiphop artists...

Nevertheless, adeaze, mareko, scribe, p-money, savage and the deceptikonz are great and deserve their props :)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
50Cent said:
there is no such thing as NZ hip hop, same with Australian music, it doesnt exist, for the pure fact that its shit.
says the guy with 50 cent in his av

Comrade nathan

HSC
In 2004 Hyjack beat Scribe in a freestyle comp. Both made the finals and Hyjack won.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
People People People.

There is some stupidity goin on in this thread.
Let me say first of that I don't like most hip hop and I don't really listen to it, however:

Rap= poetry to a beat, talking over a beat.
Hip-hop is a culture, not just the music. Its the beats and ryhmes and shite that originated out of the ghetto. So its more than just about the music. Thats why its tough saying j-kwon and whatever other pop rap jerks you wanna mention have trouble being classed as hip hop because there's issues of authenticity issues.

And as for the original argument, the person who posted this thread (or someone who closely followed) listed like 3 NZ acts.
Shit! what a trouncing over Aussie Hip-hop, three whole artists.
Australia has:
Hilltop Hoods
The Herd
Downsyde
Koolism
Hyjak and torture
2up
Aussie Battler
Bluejuice
Maya Jupiter

And thats just off the top of my head, so its a fairly piss weak argument. Aussie hip hop is really the only decent hip hop cos theres none of that lyrical bullcrap you get with the US, and the music melodies are often better.

But whatever.....

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Buggdogg said:
Hilltop Hoods
The Herd
2up
Aussie Battler
Bluejuice
Maya Jupiter
all those are shithouse.
ps, you forgot bliss n eso, who are way better than any of those gronks.

HSC
Buggdogg said:
People People People.

And thats just off the top of my head, so its a fairly piss weak argument. Aussie hip hop is really the only decent hip hop cos theres none of that lyrical bullcrap you get with the US, and the music melodies are often better.

i liked ur post unitil u said that

corro

HSC
*in reference to the part hiphop bolded*

How can you shit upon an entire nation, those whom started hiphop? Please don't make stupid generalisations

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
corro said:

How can you shit upon an entire nation, those whom started hiphop? Please don't make stupid generalisations
I didn't make no generalisations. Most current US hip hop follows a particular lyrical style which is all posing and bravado and thats absolute garbage.

Aussie hip-hop more closely resembles the hip-hop pioneers lyrically because the lyrics are related to everyday life. Thats what the original hip hop was about, but now that it has largely strayed away from that IT IS SHIT.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
corro said:

I didn't make no generalisations. Most current US hip hop follows a particular lyrical style which is all posing and bravado and thats absolute garbage.

Aussie hip-hop more closely resembles the hip-hop pioneers lyrically because the lyrics are related to everyday life. Thats what the original hip hop was about, but now that it has largely strayed away from that IT IS SHIT.

HSC
most current MAINSTREAM US Hip Hop :uh huh:

but no i think the south has more diversity than east and west in terms of mainstream rap.

you got everything from lil jon to little brother (not too mainstream YET :uhhuh: i hope success don't change em though) to T.I to bubba sparxxx to OutKast to bubba sparxxx to the houston rappers

east u got redman and joe budden bringing just different sounds but still dope. Hey and their both from jersey u got others but i couldnt be fucked thinking or typing now, oh well of course u got the roots and THERE IS NO argument that u can throw at me that would convince me that they are part of this 'bravado' that u speak of

mid-west u got twista to kanye to common to bump j

west imo is jus gettin worse and worse, used to be great diversity back in like 1996 but now mostly shit comin from the west.

but yes, will smith said it best, 'why should i try to found like ya'll sound, thats whats wrong with the rap game right now' pffft and dumbass 'hip hop' fans shit on him for no reason :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)