New PC specs (1 Viewer)

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I'm building it myself.

I've found a few places that sell it, but have to get it posted to me. Which is annoying, because I was gonna buy the rig tomorrow. I'll hafta wait til the paste comes in the mail.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Post some benchmarks when you have the system up. Get F.E.A.R and tell us how that goes too (in terms of gaming enjoyment aswell as graphics performance). =D

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I just finished taking it all apart and putting it back together (the heatsink can go two different ways - I put it on so that the fan on the back of it was 2cm away from another fan on the rear of the case.. I thought this may be affecting airflow so I put it on the other way around .. that sucked)

I have to wait a couple of days until the Arctic 5 starts working to it's full potential.. but at the moment it's running at 28C CPU temp and 34C mobo temp.. which is nice! That's with the fan on the Beetle (yeah, they were out of Big Typhoons) only halfway.

Will run 3dmark05 now (I haven't OC'd yet btw)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Why is your CPU temperature lower than the motherboard's? That's just illogical.

Also, when reapplying thermal compounds make sure you clean the old one off well enough.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I cleaned it off with isopropyl

and I have no idea why my cpu temp is lower than my mobo temp. That's what ASUS Probe tells me though.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I just bought a 21" CRT flatscreen off ebay and picked it up today. this is the biggest thing I've ever seen.. it's honestly HUGE. it weighs as much as I do.

Anyway I'm running it at 1600x1200 now, it's pretty hot.

In other news, I'm in the process of OCing my 6600GT.. I'm at 425/308 and it seems pretty stable.

edit: I ended up clocking it up from 400/275 to 421/305.

3dmark05 score was 2750 or so I think.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)