New Guitartist (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

Ok so I was shopping today and I thought that it was about time that I learnt a new instrument right? So I was walkin’ around the music store and spotted this guitar so I bought it. It’s a ‘Carlos’, and I also bought on of them hard case thingimies. My guitar was $500 and the case was $130 but my bargaining talents :p got me both of them for $500 (WOO HOO!)

So basically I’m wondering, is there any tips or advice anyone could offer on maintenance and maybe some essential pieces of equipment I may need, or just anything In that respect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just remembered something else. Just with regards to being able to strum properly, is there anything you need to know to be good at this, i'm just trying to learn some songs and i can't get the strumming right

Last edited by a moderator:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
go to cyberfret.com for lessons plus advice etc etc..but yea practice, learn scales, and just get some riffs/ intros down first, then move onto harder songs and incorporate solos..

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i sugest gettin lessons. the worst thing u can do i teach ur self from the start, u pick up bad habbits.
www.ultimate-guitar.com is a good site for tabs

try to keep the dust off ur fretboard an under the brigde
when u change the strings, wipe off everybit of dust an give ti a clean
an dont drop it

artfag

Banned
HSC
you can't be a rockstar without smashing yr. guitar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)