new excel 2004 edition any good? (1 Viewer)

sonnnyzm

Excel is good, it follows the dot points and you get those study cards :D. I got the macquarie one as well, its too concise thus it is shit. Jacaranda is pretty good, lotsa pictures *pretty*

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sonnnyzm
I got the macquarie one as well, its too concise thus it is shit.
Thats why its called a study guide dipshit!

grimreaper

HSC
Originally posted by sonnnyzm
I got the macquarie one as well, its too concise thus it is shit.
WTF??? You think macquarie is bad cause its concise??? Thats what makes it so awesome - it sticks to what you need to know and doesnt rave on about other stuff like other text books.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
na, excel is a very good book- i heard that it was like the only book available when the 01'ers did their hsc....nevertheless its a very good book!!

Originally posted by overwhelming
jacaranda owns excel hands down.
well, thats bcoz they are both different types of books, ones a study guide, which is meant to get to the point...whilst the other is a textbook- which just waffles on....so they both have pro's and con's....personally i used both of them last year. :)

but i do say that jacaranda has like the crappiest questions ever, also they've just stole a lot of their content from the book that they publish for vce physics (the hsc of victorians) !! :rolleyes:

Jase

HSC
excel is great for summaries and the week before exam reading..

for more comprehensive learning, jacaranda and spotlight are pretty good. (although i hate spotlight, its so obscurely worded)
so it wouldnt hurt to get the new edition, but then again, if u have the old one it probably should be sufficient.

on a side note.. our principal wrote it ^_^ ehehe im gonna get him to sign once its all over it cuz im a wierdo

Jase

HSC
ahaha :)
oh and i forgot to mention "Physics in Context 2".
the paper smells like shit, but its easy to understand and covers everything.
however the questions have no answers, or none that i could find up to date

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)