• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New Cars Information Thread. (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
the new Lamborghini Murcielago Evoluzione is freaken hot! check out Motor magazine out now.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
shortygb said:
wow, that T1 looks awesome! soudns like it oculd give the veyron a run for its money. is that price $265 000 australian? becuase then that makes the price of it a fraction of other supercars!
doubt it

people with money will want the bugatti. will want the 4 turboes, will want the insane concept of the Veyron. not some track-day supercar

im not one of those, i'd take either :eek:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
you can't tell it's the new one from that tiny avatar seeing as the front bumper can't be seen so i thought it was the old Murcielago.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Cars should be symmetric. I don't think the bumper idea will catch on.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
It's not the bumper, it's the sideskirt, left side I think. It definately looks hotter then the current Murcielago.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Holden VE Commodore and Toyota 6th Generation Camry articles in the just out issue of Wheels magazine! Look for the Commodore SSV that graces it's cover!

I'm so happy, I've been waiting for this issue for quite a while now. The WM long wheel base Caprice looks the best out of the entire line up followed by the Commodore SSV which is now the top performer.

The Camry is awesome! I wonder which version has the full chrome grille, apparently the Ateva has chrome but it might only be the grille boundary.

The Aurion is apparently going to have more power then a Commodore V6's top performer. It was delicious seeing it in TRD guise.

So excited about this!

pottsy44

HSC
im am not impressed with the VE to be honest, it looks like an over size astra.

there has been a KW over kill in all models especially in the omega, which is 190 KW's i believe, which is pretty stupid considering the SV6 VZ is 190 KW, where i think both are based on similar engines, the alloy tec V6.

they are the first large car in australia to have one of those stupid space saver spare tyres, which in my opinion is a way for them to extract more money out of their customers as there is the the option to upgrade the space to have a full sized spare which is something like $100-$300 depending on the model and the wheel size.

the cars have all gained a fair amounr of weight and holden is claiming an overall better fuel economy, Omega V6 4sp auto 10.9 (-0.1), which id like to see for myself.

the one thing that i was impressed about was the interior of the Calais model, it look pretty decent, but the SS and SS-V interior looks absolutely pathetic, with the colour coding all over the dash and seats, it may be tasteful with the right colours, but the most popular colours for the SS range will be the colours which u can only get in those models which are very distinctive.

ford is also claiming that the VE model is now only catching upto what ford achieved in the BA, and saying also that the BF is still beyond the VE, so it will be quite interesting to see what ford comes up with in its up coming model.

super_girl

HSC
Must admit, was dissapointed in the new commodore with all the hype i would have thought it to actually be innvoative, and from what i've seen it's not all that. i am a massive Holden fan, but this car was a dissapointment. what are your opinions on the New Nissan (skyline) GT-R Proto? i reckon thats one hot vehicle!!! but i guess at around $90-120k you would want it to be. engine still hasn't been decided on tho :(.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
read about the VE development in Wheels magazine. i'm somewhat impressed but what they've done. i hate the look of the Proto. the actual design that's somewhere on the net looks much better then the Proto concept.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
The VE looks good, but compared to the competition it's overpriced. You have have an Hyundai Sonata Elite for mid 30k with EVERYTHING that opens and shuts with a gigantic warranty and 10 000 kms of fuel. Six airbags standard. ESP standard etc etc. How about a 380 for a full size family car? It starts at 10 grand or so cheaper than the base commodore.

The Aurion, when it comes out, will kick the commodore for refinement and quality. How do I know this? History will probably repeat itself. In my personal opinion holden has always attempted to pull on the nationalist heartstrings of the average motorist so that people will ignore the average engineering and the average reliability. I mean you could have a 380 or an Hyundai Sonata or an toyota but you arnt a REAL MAN unless you buy a rear wheel drive holden.

Then there are all those bogans who can't get over the fact that the competition is front wheel drive. Seriously, for the great majority of drivers out there whether the car is front wheel drive or rear wheel drive means nothing. Unless of course you intend to take your car down pennant hills at 100kmph to see how well it oversteers.

------
On another note. The PR people who came up with the name TRD for Toyota's hotted up cars should be sacked.

TRD? Sound that out.

teh errrr dddd :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
TRD is pronounced tee-arr-dee, it reminds me of R2-D2, but now that you mention it, if people find Toyota's performance arm to be lacking they might discover as you have other ways to used the acronym TRD. I believe the Holden VE Commodore is well designed and well built, but in the current circumstances may have a major flaw when trying to market it in this era of high fuel prices.

What does Holden have to sell it's Commodore based on? Being an Australian car, but with the VE apparently alot of the parts are imported because it's cheaper. It is however a car designed by Australians for Australians.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
lengy said:
TRD is pronounced tee-arr-dee, it reminds me of R2-D2, but now that you mention it, if people find Toyota's performance arm to be lacking they might discover as you have other ways to used the acronym TRD. I believe the Holden VE Commodore is well designed and well built, but in the current circumstances may have a major flaw when trying to market it in this era of high fuel prices.

What does Holden have to sell it's Commodore based on? Being an Australian car, but with the VE apparently alot of the parts are imported because it's cheaper. It is however a car designed by Australians for Australians.
VE well built? Personally I never found that it was a common perception that Holdens were reliable or well built. History and choice surveys illustrate this. The VN launch was a disaster. The VT launch was better but the car was far from perfect. Time will tell with the VE. Here's hoping they finally fixed the leak between gearbox and engine that saw VN to VX models lead small amounts of oil out of the factory. We were told my our mechanic that commodores have always leaked from that particular seal, regardless of the age of the car. Simply a design issue.

Personally I would never vouch for the quality of a commodore. There are simply other cars out there simply through economies of scale and their status as a world car have had more than a billion dollars put into their development. The VE has to last at least 9 years. To me its only coming up to current world standard.

Six years old I know. But thats the most recent stats I can find. 64% for the Commodore is pretty piss poor. I hope for the sake of Commodore buyers that Holden have improved their cars reliability...AND DONT rely nationalistic horn blowing to people to buy their cars.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)