• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New Cars Information Thread. (1 Viewer)

HSC
011 said:
I went test driving in it yesterday, and bloody hell it's quick even at 3000/4000.
do the car dealers know that youre only test driving it and have no intention on buying it??
i wonder if you need special conditions for test driving all the super top-notch cars...

Elements

HSC
shortygb said:
really? that looks like a BA maybe it the BA III and not the whole new ford falcon
Nope, that's BF, a facelift. This will have to take the fight from VE and the new gen Camry/Avalon.

Expect the all-new Falcon (codenamed "Orion" which I will from now on refer to it as) in 2007/2008. The BA was such a radical change, as it pushed all forseeable developments from this planned era back to 2002. The Control Blade IRS, the DOHC/Turbo engines, etc. were all going to debut on Orion originally, before the AU flop. They had to build a car which no-one could look past, both good-looking to the masses and technically adept.

This forced a reshuffle, but this could only take place once BA and Territory were nearing end of their development. That's why we have to wait. Just like we did from the transition of EL to AU, EL was in competition with VT for 12-14 months.

But Orion is nothing short of fantastic (yes, I have seen it and heard of its features, but I'm confined to saying NOTHING.).

And, according to my sources, the new-gen Camry will look similar to the US one.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
that dodge challenger is hot! i love retro styling.

i'm eagerly awaiting the new falcon and commodore. i want to see what they look like. i'm hoping i'll look like the Torana concept but if it looks like the one in the cover of the current Wheels issue i hate it.

new camrys only get 4 cylinders :( the avalons get the V6s. i love my V6 camry. i'm hoping the new avalon has the US look cause that is hot.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bring on the 6ltr HEMI and challenger

cant wait for new falcodore battle! should be good :D

transcendent

HSC
N/A
who's got Wheels 2005 Yearbook magazine? brillant summary of there year. also a peak of new cars coming next year.

Dodge will be coming to Australia, hopefully so will Cadillac (sp? )

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
transcendent said:
who's got Wheels 2005 Yearbook magazine? brillant summary of there year. also a peak of new cars coming next year.

Dodge will be coming to Australia, hopefully so will Cadillac (sp? )
cadillac?

lol...hmmm, they're alright

very angular :/

HSC
looks like the commo and the falcon made babies.
i quite like it actually..love the front end. dunno about the back though

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
transcendent said:
Toyota Avalon replacement!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/toyota-aurion-sportivo-first-of-many/2006/02/09/1139379605211.html

I hope it'll be a good competitor to V6 Falcons and Commodore.
it does look the goods. Even the non-sportivo model looked classy (although i think it was probably an upper market spec)

only possible problems with sportivio model is -

wheels are way too small (as per traditional toyota design), which undoes the whole sporty look. The body succeeded, the wheels failed :(

engine note? does it have one? being a sports model it needs a note (even if only when revved)

other than that, it loooooooookssssssss the gooooooooooooods :cool: :uhhuh:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Nismo 350z 2006

Nissan unveils the NISMO 350Z sports coupe, fitted with racing and styling parts designed by Nissan’s famed motorsport arm. Since its launch in 2002, the Nissan 350Z sports coupe has proved to be a formidable performance car, but with the addition of some serious NISMO S-tune accessories, it is transformed into a real head-turner.

A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing

To ensure there is no mistaking the intent of this car, the NISMO 350Z receives a full Aero Kit and five-spoke 19-inch lightweight alloy wheels shod with extra wide, road-gripping Bridgestone Potenza S-03 tires.

NISMO designed and developed the Aero Kit in conjunction with Polyphony Digital, producer of ‘GRAN TURISMO’. Not only does it look the part, the Aero Kit increases the forces on the front and rear of the car to provide more grip at the front and added traction at the rear.

The standard front bumper is replaced by a deeper model with a low-lip spoiler color-coded to the vehicle. An additional louver in the bumper grille gives the NISMO 350Z an even wider and meaner look, while side skirts rectify irregular air stream around the tires at high speeds. Their function is linked to the rear under-skirt, and along with the front lip spoiler, give the impression that the 350Z is literally glued to the road. But all of this wouldn’t be complete without the high mounted rear spoiler that sits on top of the tailgate below the rear window.

Enhanced Engineering

To enhance drivability and on-road dynamics, the NISMO 350Z has gained NISMO’s S-tune suspension with front and rear stabilizer kit, front and rear shock absorbers and springs.

The NISMO Weldina sports exhaust system fitted to the vehicle gives it a spine tingling note from the 4.2 inches wide, twin oval tailpipes.

To further improve handling and driveability, the NISMO 350Z also receives a high performance clutch and limited-slip differential.

Five spoke lightweight alloy wheels, 19" x 8.5J at the front and 19" x 9.5J at the rear are matched with 245/35 ZR19 and 275/35 ZR19 Bridgestone Potenza S-03 tires.

Inside, the NISMO theme continues, with signature kick plates, floormats, gauges and a titanium gear knob adding to the Z’s cabin appeal. A pair of NISMO sports seats, even more hip-hugging than the originals, ensure the driver and passenger are well catered for.

Nissan Australia’s managing director and chief executive officer, Shinya Hannya, unveiled the vehicle at the Melbourne International Motor Show.

“The NISMO 350Z is a serious performance vehicle anyway you look at it, with the ability to deliver great driving dynamics and drop dead good looks,” Mr. Hannya said. All parts and accessories used to develop the NISMO 350Z are available through the national Nissan dealer network.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Civic Si Sedan Concept

The Civic Si Sedan Concept provides strong hints of the styling and performance for a production Civic Si Sedan scheduled to go on sale this fall, marking the first time that "Si" performance has become available in the Civic Sedan. Similar to the recently introduced Civic Si Coupe, the production Civic Si Sedan will serve as another performance leader for the Civic line-up with a 197-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm redline, mated to a close-ratio, 6-speed manual transmission. Helping to put all that power to the ground is a helical-type, limited slip differential for improved traction and cornering performance.

The Civic Si Sedan Concept features custom 18-inch cast aluminum alloy wheels, 225/40ZR18 high-performance tires, and 4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors and 4-piston Brembo calipers.

"The Civic Si Sedan Concept demonstrates how the high-performance attributes of the Civic Si Coupe can be directly applied to the functionality of a sedan," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda.

A production vehicle based on the Civic Si Sedan Concept will go on sale this fall. The 2007 Civic Si Sedan will mark a further evolution of Civic Si's sixth generation alongside the Civic Si Coupe - and will be the first time a Civic Si is available in two body styles. The Civic Si first appeared in 1986 with subsequent Civic Si models appearing in 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2002.

The Civic Si Concept (coupe version) made its debut at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show, preceding the introduction of the all-new 2006 Civic Si, Civic Hybrid, Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe. The Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan will both complement the Civic lineup with features designed to appeal to true enthusiasts seeking a high level of performance and value.

The all-new 2006 Honda Civic has attracted a high level of acclaim, including Motor Trend magazine's prestigious 2006 Car of the Year award and the 2006 North American Car of the Year award.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Freestream T1

Developed by U.K. startup Freestream, the T1 is intended to be the world's ultimate track-day car.

The design team of Ben Scott-Geddes and Graham Halstead were responsible for the design and development of the legendary McLaren F1, and more recently the Mercedes SLR, so the T1 definitely has the right genes, and their no-compromise approach to ultimate performance has defined an amazing vehicle. More after the jump!

Powered by a custom-built, supercharged 2.4-liter aluminum V8, putting out 500 hp through a 6-speed paddle-shift gearbox, the T1 is essentially a two-seater Formula 1 car for the street. In fact, the 2.4-liter V8 (a Cosworth, perhaps?) is based on the 2006 Formula 1 specification. With projected acceleration from 0-60 mph in less than 2.5 sec (!), and from 0-100 mph in less than 5 sec (!!), the Freestream basically redefines the performance envelope for road-worthy vehicles. The ultra-lightweight, 1,000-lb car achieves a stunning 3g lateral acceleration. Full specs are available at the Freestream website.

Everything from tire selection to aerodynamics are adjustable and tunable, so it's a good thing that Freestream offer a range of "vehicle support solutions" (aka "people who know what they're doing") for T1 owners in search of the ultimate track-day experience.

The T1 is expected to be available later this year, starting at about $265,000. Production will be limited to 25 cars a year, so call now if you're interested!

18Googol2

HSC
N/A
By the way, anyone here coming to motor show?

Here is some pix I taken at the preshow:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
wow, that T1 looks awesome! soudns like it oculd give the veyron a run for its money. is that price $265 000 australian? becuase then that makes the price of it a fraction of other supercars!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
shortygb said:
wow, that T1 looks awesome! soudns like it oculd give the veyron a run for its money. is that price $265 000 australian? becuase then that makes the price of it a fraction of other supercars!
"Though it could well be the ultimate track day car, the T1 will be road registerable and is expected to cost in the vicinity of UKP150,000 when it goes on sale later this year."

http://www.businessweekasia.com/autos/content/feb2006/bw20060207_286086.htm

http://www.freestreamcars.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)