Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Knox

Votes: 19 10.5%

• Total voters

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
Who says UAI is more important than culture and extra-curricular activities? Academe is such an individual thing, if you want it you don't really care about the rest of your year, and great HSC results hardly give you the same ongoing feeling as winning a rugby or soccer premiership, something which reflects upon the whole school. I like my school because it gives me great opportunities in both fields (and I don't think anyone disputes that).

i totally agree... barker is the same, not only are we reasonably academic, but our sport, debating, music and many other fields are up there with the best (can't forget agriculture by the way - we've been the best "non-country" school at shows many times, and often beat a lot of country schools aswell! not bad considering our animals are raised in what is basically a backyard)

Twintip

It's no surprise at the result of this poll so far, krissy7685 has rigged it so there are two schools in one, SCEGGS Darlinghurst/Redlands is 2 schools!!! :p

bex

HSC
GOOOOOOOOO LORETO!! (and NOT Kirribilli!) :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
great HSC results hardly give you the same ongoing feeling as winning a rugby or soccer premiership, something which reflects upon the whole school.
i disagree with that generalisation
you're basically saying that only premierships would reflect positively on school?

hsc result do reflect the school as a whole
i feel a certain pride in knowing i dont have to scroll down too far in the hsc merit list in the herald/telegraph each year to find my school

maybe it just our school
we won the tennis this year and sure we had a cheer about it, but im sure the tennis captain would rather top maths or something

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie

i totally agree... barker is the same, not only are we reasonably academic, but our sport, debating, music and many other fields are up there with the best (can't forget agriculture by the way - we've been the best "non-country" school at shows many times, and often beat a lot of country schools aswell! not bad considering our animals are raised in what is basically a backyard)
get over barker!!
it's just another school, like every other school, we don't need to hear you defending it in every thread.

there's school pride and there's insanity.
you have reached insanity.

Twintip

Originally posted by Newbie
i disagree with that generalisation
you're basically saying that only premierships would reflect positively on school?

hsc result do reflect the school as a whole
i feel a certain pride in knowing i dont have to scroll down too far in the hsc merit list in the herald/telegraph each year to find my school
I'm not saying that only sporting premierships reflect positively on a school, and I'm also not saying that HSC results don't instill a level of pride in one's school. All i'm saying is that the attitude towards them is completely different. With sport and other extra-curricular activities, there is this sense of union, the whole school is bound up in a single thing. HSC results are a very individual thing in my mind, I don't care too much how my school goes as long as when I look at that piece of paper I have the UAI that I want. I believe most people hold this attitude. :)

We all have great plans for our future, the HSC is just one small, relatively unimportant step (so many backdoor options). I think it's a good idea to look outside this as much as possible, and to savour the sort of things that probably won't be experienced after school. A lot of people I've spoken to who once lead intense scholarly school lives now regret missing out on what they did (although they are all very successful at their professions now). :) I don't want any of those regrets, which is why I agree so strongly with my schools' philosophy.

krissy7685

TWINTIP- i dont mean to bitch

U r seriously deranged.. there are only so many times u can go on about the SCEGGS /SCECGS thing moron..

if u cant get over it make up ur own poll with ur school on it and u can vote away at it by urself...

get over it!

btw i prefer plc croydon to pymble anyday!

Twintip

Twooo schooools ahahah.

I am just stirring.

My school is on the poll. Both polls in fact (both the original one and yours). :)

Don't take it so seriously. :p

Last edited:

hazza

Uhh... how come shore isnt anywhere on this site... am i the only one !?!?!

pretty sure, shore, last year we were the best school overall. taking into account sporting achievments and academic.

:D :gridnod:

Twintip

Originally posted by hazza
pretty sure, shore, last year we were the best school overall. taking into account sporting achievments and academic.
Hahah I doubt it. Good comedy though.

To quote pinkbella, but for you:

Get over Shore!!
It's just another school, like every other school, we don't need to hear you defending it in every thread.

There's school pride and there's insanity.
You have reached insanity.

Last edited:

hazza

umm no seriously... we came 4th in rugby and like 4th in school work..

for sport, kings, joeys, view, then shore, then new, scotts, grammar high or something.

then academic, grammar high, some school, then shore, then the rest.

they did mention something about us coming top for some subject out of the non selective schools.. so :D

edit: oh i forgot.. yeah 1's and 2nds bball preimierships, and again for 2003... oh... and out 1 VIII won the nationals for rowing, again for 2003...

:wave: :gridnod:

gnrlies

HSC
what school is this?

As if youd go to a private school

What a waste of fucking money! lol

(im not out to bag the schools or the people out, just saying that in my opinion they are a waste of money considering that good marks come from students who are willing to put the effort in, not students who go to an expensive school)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)