• Newington

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Trinity

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Knox

Votes: 19 10.5%

• Total voters

SPX

You must be unaware or something. Where is PLC, Grammer, Kings, Joeys, Santa Sabina, Ravenswood, Aloys, Riverview, Barker, Shore etc. And who the hell is Kambala, some school in India or something.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
y vote for best private skool ...

of course ur gunna vote for ur own one or if not ull prolli vote the smartest one

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by SPX
Where is PLC, Grammer, Kings, Joeys, Santa Sabina, Ravenswood, Aloys, Riverview, Barker, Shore etc.
Exactly MLC, Pymble Ladies College, Kings School, Tara, Loreto, Meriden, Tangara, Brigidine etc etc Youve put in ones that aren't that good and left out some pretty big ones.

And SCEGGS Redlands and SCECGS Darlinghirst are different people

Last edited:

Twintip

Originally posted by SPX
You must be unaware or something. Where is PLC, Grammer, Kings, Joeys, Santa Sabina, Ravenswood, Aloys, Riverview, Barker, Shore etc. And who the hell is Kambala, some school in India or something.
Abbotsleigh isn't there either.

You don't know Kambala? Break out of the bubble!

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea abbotsleigh should be on there. and ravenswood. maybe not pymble.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Com'on ppl, isn't this "my private school is better than your private school" business getting a bit old-hat? FFS, if you're talking about the GPS, IMHO, Sydney High 0wnZ all of them... Ppl are just gonna vote for their own school and the aim of the thread will thus be inane and pointless.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
its actually SCECGS Redlands the other one is SCEGGS cuz that extra G is for gals

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
sydney boys owns the gps in terms of academic results...
ROFL...they wish. In any case, the GPS is a cultural and not academic group.

"Grammar" has 2 As by the way.

I think that comparing schools is an overrated exercise - it's easy to say which schools are hopeless, but hard to differentiate betwen the good ones.

krissy7685

The older thread had all the other schools so i figured that this time we should had a new set of schools not focusing on North Shore as much..

but anywayz..
Sceggs Darlinghurst and Redlands were the same school at one stage i went to both of them

Ans SCEGS redlands its not SCECGS its actually SCEGS But i put them together because they are both equally great schools.. and they were of course at one stage the same school.. in 2 different location

and Kambala is an eastern suburbs school..

and you can only fit 10 schools into the poll anywayz..

Twintip

Originally posted by Asquithian
sydney boys owns the gps in terms of academic results...

not wugby...:rolleyes:
Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes: My point was simply to dispute what he meant. He assumed that everyone knew and agreed that Academe was where the buck stopped. Who says UAI is more important than culture and extra-curricular activities? Academe is such an individual thing, if you want it you don't really care about the rest of your year, and great HSC results hardly give you the same ongoing feeling as winning a rugby or soccer premiership, something which reflects upon the whole school. I like my school because it gives me great opportunities in both fields (and I don't think anyone disputes that).

Is Sydney Boys selective? Is Joeys? (I don't know). If the answer is what I expect it to be, then, well, there's not much anyone can do about the academic side of things. Sydney Boys will always out-perform Joeys in that respect, and not necessarily because it has taught them more effectively or given them a better 'education'. Bright kids will generally do well regardless of their surroundings, and selective schools simply cash in on this.

Just observations, that is all. :)

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I can see this turning into a "my uni is better than your uni" arguement later on :rolleyes: :p

guoben

Banned
Originally posted by kini mini

ROFL...they wish. In any case, the GPS is a cultural and not academic group.

? wish wat? there's no doubt SBHS is academically superior, it's jus a plan fact

in terms of sport. SBHS cant do rowing and rugby but everything else is pretty decent

tennis premiers this season or should i say last

is a roflcopter
HSC
hopefully we beat grammar this year in hsc -_-

we're not good at sport, but yeah thats an opportunity cost of hsc. Our top guys still do sport but dumbcunts like me jig it just to keep up in schoolwork. :p

60 people were away in year 12 on wednesday because they wanted to jig sport and study :D
our deputy is gona go pyscho ROARRRR :D

Twintip

Hunters Hill. It's a pretty popular school, one of the best GPS schools sport-wise (beats Joeys in rugby) and is mostly full of country boarders. :)

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
everyone forgets about plc croydon, which is snobbier, bitchier and richer then a lot of the other schools on that list

a lot of girls from my primary school went there, and whenever they say where they went, everyone assumes it's pymble. then they say croydon and its like "ahh, bigger snobs" :p

just an observation...

loziscool:D

everyones forgetting St Catherines
cmon folks...... oldest independent all girls school in australia! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)