New Apple announcements (1 Viewer)

HSC
Good one Apple, replace a perfectly good product with an smaller, expensive version of the iPod photo... ($300 for 2GB wtf?)

The nano's marketability will go up when the prices will drop and there's some way to customise it's appearance. Black and white is pretty limited as far as colours go.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
They introduced the 'tubes' - covers in fluro colours. Not as nice as the casing for the mini, and overpriced, but a way to customise the appearance. I think black and white were a good move, the mini was a deviation from the collection in its looks.

I fail to see why people don't understand that this thing is highly marketable, it's slightly taller than a business card, slightly less wide than a business card and a stack of 7 business cards high (so I have read).

I understand the complaints, all of them, but what I don't understand is that people don't realise that replacing the mini with this was a good move for apple. I think they're going to sell like hotcakes.

santaslayer

HSC
iambored said:
They introduced the 'tubes' - covers in fluro colours. Not as nice as the casing for the mini, and overpriced, but a way to customise the appearance. I think black and white were a good move, the mini was a deviation from the collection in its looks.

I fail to see why people don't understand that this thing is highly marketable, it's slightly taller than a business card, slightly less wide than a business card and a stack of 7 business cards high (so I have read).

I understand the complaints, all of them, but what I don't understand is that people don't realise that replacing the mini with this was a good move for apple. I think they're going to sell like hotcakes.
They are?

If people on BoS can detect its flaws, I don't see why others wouldn't be able to. :p

v sia

HSC
Well i havent bought any of the Ipods and i guess this one dominates all of them . I dont really listen to 1000 + songs so yeah this one is perfect. The only downsize is the price ......

Oh and whats up with the free engraving ????

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
v sia said:
Well i havent bought any of the Ipods and i guess this one dominates all of them . I dont really listen to 1000 + songs so yeah this one is perfect. The only downsize is the price ......

Oh and whats up with the free engraving ????
free engraving means you have have some text engraved on the back of your iPod if you want.

v sia

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
free engraving means you have have some text engraved on the back of your iPod if you want.
Im guessing that you would have to buy directly from Apple ? and its not one of those Do - It - Yourself kinda things

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
v sia said:
Im guessing that you would have to buy directly from Apple ? and its not one of those Do - It - Yourself kinda things
you have to buy online for this feature

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:

Oh we're not criticising their marketability, on the contrary, thats the point of our arguments (well mine), they've become so effective at it, that the mere mention of i- anything will basically be a success for them. The problem being that, as they have shown with the product, they are able to give an inferior product for the price, and still sell it like hotcakes. Something along the lines of ripping the proverbial balls off the consumer through their wallets.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
they're not going to be released for this year's christmas period, unless apple has another surprise up its sleeve. Ill be buying a nano, for its size and its still cheaper than a full-sized ipod (however duno how ill fit my 5000 songs onto it).
Damn, the Nano's have nowhere near enough capacity for me:(.

v sia

HSC
I just bought the ipod nano an hour ago , it looks really cool . Its kinda expensive though considering Ipod mini is $300 for 4 gigs . But Nano is smaller and has a colour screen so yeah .

All in all im quite happy with it so far . I hope i dont misplace it though , its really tiny

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i got a 40 GB mono screen iPod at the end of last year, and am very happy with it..

why are so many people focussing on its negatives like lower battery life, instead of the positives, like colour screen, and the smaller physical size of it?

i just wonder if sony came up with exactly the same idea, with same features, only a sony outside casing and badging, if people would be hacking on it as much?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Read the thread, I for one have outlined my views on it about 4-5 times now.

HSC
iambored said:

I dunno. I'm not doubting it's selling power. Everything Apple releases will sell, including expensive, bizarre, impractical accessories.

I tend to think that i am (student/part time work/18-20s) the market that the mini and the nano are designed for.

Personally, i would much rather have longer battery life than colour screen. I would also prefer metallic un-scratchable colours than something that's thinner and marginally (0.25cm) shorter. And lastly, i think that (atm) the nano is a rip off.

But hey, i wouldn't mind one :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I have a sherwood 128mb mp3 player with the same (maybe slightly smaller) proportions as this new nano....people are always very impressed when they see how thin it is....unfortunately now I won't be so cool with this new ipod coming out!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
whiterabbit said:
And lastly, i think that (atm) the nano is a rip off.
I challenge you to find a cheaper MP3 player of similar specs :p

Samsung gave apple a huge discount on the memory, I doubt any other company could match it in 6 months time.

ioniser

HSC
that nano thing is a rip off,

but i d rather a mirobe which looks better ,holds a gig more,cheaper by 10 bucks

and i was alos thinking the nano screen could be a bit small to actually watch anything on it which blows the use of the colour screen,with that money better off getting a psp with a memory stick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)