NeuroScience.........PSYCHOLOGY (1 Viewer)

tripPing

HSC
N/A
Hey, i was wondering whether it is compulsory for me to pick up psychology in order to take up neuroscience.

Would they not accept neuroscience as my major if i don't do psychology?????:frown2:

Any advice will be much appreciated.

BTW if i change my mind about some courses can i change them online after i enrolled????

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Neuroscience is a major option for the BSc at USyd (mind you, I think they are advanced subjects though). I would recommend taking a few psychology courses - they aren't all that bad.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Hey, i was wondering whether it is compulsory for me to pick up psychology in order to take up neuroscience.

Would they not accept neuroscience as my major if i don't do psychology?????:frown2:

Any advice will be much appreciated.

BTW if i change my mind about some courses can i change them online after i enrolled????

another fellow neuroscientist!!!! Greetings!!! You are AWESOME to be picking neuroscience!!!

tripPing

HSC
N/A
Neuroscience is a major option for the BSc at USyd (mind you, I think they are advanced subjects though). I would recommend taking a few psychology courses - they aren't all that bad.
But there is like one course per semester is it at all an interesting subject????

hayabusaboston

HSC
But there is like one course per semester is it at all an interesting subject????
Well if you think about it, without a brain you wouldnt exactly be able to do much... be human... live a normal live... you'd be kinda screwed actually.... Yea :D. So its kinda obvious the brain is going to be exciting and riveting and full of AWESOME new concepts!!

tripPing

HSC
N/A
Yeah, i find the whole thing a really interesting concept.

I always wanted to learn about two things-astronomy and neuroscience.

Both topics fascinate me

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
The Faculty of Science handbook has all of your answers here. But to answer your question, no. While it is recommended that neuroscience majors should do psychology, a neuroscience major requires 24 total credit points in specific senior units of study (also listed in the handbook) from at least two of NEUR (neuroscience), PSYC (psychology) and PCOL (pharmacology). So if you wanted to, you could do units of NEUR and PCOL without any psychology and still be possible to major in neuroscience.

And yes, you can change your units of study online after enrolment. What you will do at enrolment is only your initial units of study and you can change this at any time before the census date, usually some time in mid to late March. You will need to follow online procedure as to how to change the units, but it is possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)