neurones and nerves (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
- perform a first-hand investigation using stained prepared slides and/or electron micrographs to gather information about neurones or nerves

..i know it doesn't say it..but should we know how to draw this? my class only learnt about them..i don't actually know what they look like..do i need to bother finding out? and if so..does anyone have any idea where i can find a pic? the links given on www.hsc.csu.edu.au mean nothing to me lol..

jesshika

supreme being
yeah you should be able to distinguish and, probably, draw the different types of nerves i.e. motor, sensory and interneuron
lable the dendrites axons mylinsheath, cell body etc.

cataleptic

HSC
To clarify - you need to be able to know how to draw a basic neurone, and to be able to distinguish between the sensory, motor, and intermediate (I'm pretty sure).

With the electron micrographs, just make sure you've looked at them and can identify a naurone from them. They're never very clear, but you should be able to make do.

www.hsc.csu.edu.au has a biology section with a syllabus and corresponding notes. For the syllabus dot point you're asking about, they've got a link to a site with electron micrographs. Looking at them could help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)