Nervous about moving! (1 Viewer)

Shaybay92

HSC
Tomorrow is my last full day with my family and I will be off to my new home on Tuesday for uni study in ACT...... I'm extremely nervous. Any one else in the same boat? :uhoh:

rx34

HSC
wow, isn't it a bit early? We start on 1st of March and I'm moving into college on the 28th feb.

spazamataz

HSC
Although i've been in and out of boarding school for the past 6 years, I am still very nervous about moving!
New people, new place, new way of life, new everything!

I know absolutely no one, and am terrified of getting crap unit-mates!

But yeah i just keep remembering that everyone is in the same boat, and I haven't heard anything bad about living on campus :)

Shaybay92

HSC
wow, isn't it a bit early? We start on 1st of March and I'm moving into college on the 28th feb.

ANU Starts on the 22nd of Feb, and O-week is on the 15th... I have to be there to enrol on the 11th, so I dont think its early :p I make it by 2 days.

rx34

HSC
ANU Starts on the 22nd of Feb, and O-week is on the 15th... I have to be there to enrol on the 11th, so I dont think its early :p I make it by 2 days.
I see. Well, I hope the ANU accommodation guarantee worked well in your favour and you have nice roommates. All the best.

liquid-tension

HSC
I only found out with second round offers that i was moving the ACT aswell. Very late minute thing, Only have a temporary last minute room to stay in.
Very nervous and exiting at the same time

Epic

HSC
Yeah I only have 4 days left with my family...flying to Canberra on the 12th, I have some family in Canberra and lots in Sydney so it shouldn't be too bad lol. ANU's accommodation dilemma was very stressful, I'm just glad I got some accommodation on campus. Extremely nervous but excited at the same time.

KateGoodall1992

HSC
Although i've been in and out of boarding school for the past 6 years, I am still very nervous about moving!
New people, new place, new way of life, new everything!

I know absolutely no one, and am terrified of getting crap unit-mates!

But yeah i just keep remembering that everyone is in the same boat, and I haven't heard anything bad about living on campus :)

hey yeah im in the same boat :s
im from sydney...my last full day with my family is tomorrow! im going up to southern cross univeristy in coffs harbour to do hotel and resort management...

im worried about the same stuff, like im in a house with 3 other people, 2 guys and a girl!! i dont know how the whole cooking thing is going to work and what there going to be like :S and whether or not im going to make friends!

shady145

Banned
HSC
Tomorrow is my last full day with my family and I will be off to my new home on Tuesday for uni study in ACT...... I'm extremely nervous. Any one else in the same boat? :uhoh:
i had the last day with my family on the 30th of january then moved 800km away... my boats already sailed

hey yeah im in the same boat :s
im from sydney...my last full day with my family is tomorrow! im going up to southern cross univeristy in coffs harbour to do hotel and resort management...

im worried about the same stuff, like im in a house with 3 other people, 2 guys and a girl!! i dont know how the whole cooking thing is going to work and what there going to be like :S and whether or not im going to make friends!
do you know any of the people there? i didnt know any of the guys here... (i live with 3 other guys) but luckily they are cool/relaxed people... as for cooking, we just cook our own meals, do our own thing... and sometimes have a beer with each other. if you're unsure just ask them

as for friends, just be bored for a while until your course starts... then it'll be easy to make friends

KateGoodall1992

HSC
i had the last day with my family on the 30th of january then moved 800km away... my boats already sailed

do you know any of the people there? i didnt know any of the guys here... (i live with 3 other guys) but luckily they are cool/relaxed people... as for cooking, we just cook our own meals, do our own thing... and sometimes have a beer with each other. if you're unsure just ask them

as for friends, just be bored for a while until your course starts... then it'll be easy to make friends
no i know absolutely nobody. haha. thats why im nervous. it sucks! but hopefully like you say it will be a smooth transition without any cooking issues and hopefully my room mates will also be relaxed!

fetiche

HSC
I'm moving to my aunt's house in ACT to study at ANU aswell, want to meet up for a coffee?

shady145

Banned
HSC
no i know absolutely nobody. haha. thats why im nervous. it sucks! but hopefully like you say it will be a smooth transition without any cooking issues and hopefully my room mates will also be relaxed!
ahah yea, goodluck :)

spazamataz

HSC
To all the new ACT people, you should come out to ICBM next Thursday, all the cool peoples are going! hahaha :)
I'm having one last night out with my friends, kind of sad but excited!

Thecorey0

HSC
Coming down to Uni on wednesday next week for some pre-0-week event thing. Actually moving in on Saturday the 20th. I'm only 500km away though.

kfnmpah

HSC
I'm moving to newcastle on sudnay morning.

I'm not nervous about leaving my family, i'll probs visit a bit.
My best friend lives there, which is why i'm going to that uni, and my bf lives like 10 mintues away from on campus, where i'm staying. woo.

HSC
I just moved from Canberra to Brisbane for uni and know sooooo many people starting Science and/or Engineering at ANU this year. They're all lovely, you won't have any trouble at all finding people that you connect with in your classes. Civic on Thursday nights is good fun - cheap drinks and meet new people. UniPub and ICBM are very fun, as is Cube..and dare I say it, Mooseheads.

The Student Union also do heaps of social events during OWeek, you should have no trouble :)

spazamataz

HSC
I just moved from Canberra to Brisbane for uni and know sooooo many people starting Science and/or Engineering at ANU this year. They're all lovely, you won't have any trouble at all finding people that you connect with in your classes. Civic on Thursday nights is good fun - cheap drinks and meet new people. UniPub and ICBM are very fun, as is Cube..and dare I say it, Mooseheads.

The Student Union also do heaps of social events during OWeek, you should have no trouble :)
If you value your life, do not get loose at the moose....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)