Negativity towards ND (1 Viewer)

Majimaune

HSC
So I've applied for ND Sydney next year to do English Lit and Philosophy and I have had so many people asking me why I'm applying to the "reject" uni.

I know a couple of people there and they love it. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this negativity towards this uni. It has only been in Sydney for five years or something like that and so isn't too well known but it has been in WA for a fair while so I just don't get it.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I currently attend Notre Dame, and I can assure you, it's by no means a reject uni.
The main reasons it's probably seen as a 'reject' uni by some is that it's Catholic/private, and not through UAC. Having attended a regular university previously, I can promise you that it is a GREAT uni. The smaller class sizes than other unis makes it a unique learning experience, as you get a lot more one-on-one teaching, with tutors and even lecturers going out of their way to help out.

As has been said by some other people, it's a real uni, and a lot better than many people make it out to be, I'm glad I transferred in :uhhuh:

HSC
Yeah in WA its got a pretty decent rep, especially for things like nursing, teaching, business and arts. I'm sure as it grows in Sydney the attitude towards ND will be better.

Majimaune

HSC
This sounds encouraging.

It has only been in Sydney for about five years but it is now expanding and is becoming one of the recommended places for nursing.

I come from a pretty small school. Wixxy if you're at Sydney you might know a couple of people from it, Lorien Novalis, so I'm very used to small classes and all that sort of thing and quite enjoy it.

Also, what course are you doing there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)