need your advice guys (1 Viewer)

itsmeandy

HSC
hey guys,
im about to take my driving test soonish at campbelltown RTA. Im doing manual but quiet nervous about taking the test and the car im taking it in. Apparently the car you take shouldnt mean anything but since im taking a sports car (s2000) is there any chance that it could affect weather ill pass or not? Also any tips on what i should keep in mind when doing the test.
Thanks, Andy

Pace_T

HSC
back when i had to do the test i chose to do it in some shit late model astra that my instructor had. i didnt do the test in the car i intended to drive while on my p's because everyone was telling me i'd fail because. the inspectors can't help but either make generalisations or assumptions, or some might simply be jealous. take the test in a different car if possible, otherwise just do as best you can so that they dont have any excuses to fail you!

powerdrive

HSC
you should look over your shoulder heaps when doing the test. and dont forget to stop at the stop sign outside the registry!

CieL

HSC
It shouldn't matter.
Just take whichever car you feel the most comfortable in, and you can drive confidently in.

Evilo

HSC
It shouldn't matter.
Just take whichever car you feel the most comfortable in, and you can drive confidently in.
+1, but i think Pace_T has a point. If you've got an obvious hoon car, you're probably not setting a good impression to start with.

CieL

HSC
Hopefully you can get the examiner all excited and he'll miss all your mistakes.

itsmeandy

HSC
o ok thanks for your help guys one final question that may be abit stupid, you think i could take the test with the roof down its so much easier to see stuff lol.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You could just not do it in an S2K. They are boring as hell at legal speeds anyway.

itsmeandy

HSC
lol i cant i dont have anyother manual cars apart from the 2k

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
then fork out $100 for their car. You get a free run around the course beforehand to get used to it.

Least that's how it used to work.

itsmeandy

HSC
aye ya bro im a slow learner i wont catch on to the clutch quick enough :(

CieL

HSC
itsmeandy said:
o ok thanks for your help guys one final question that may be abit stupid, you think i could take the test with the roof down its so much easier to see stuff lol.
Ah no. Roof down is a big no no.

The examiner's wig might fall off.

But realistically, his papers might fly out or something.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
erm if you need the roof down to be able to see properly maybe you shouldn't be driving it...? sounds a bit dangerous to me.

CieL

HSC
I think he meant he can see better...

As in, when doing blind spot checks, they can see better behind them because there is no obstruction where the side and top of the car is..

But I don't think the top down is a good idea.... it seriously gives me a headache

surajv

HSC
HEY all,

this is kinda random but has anyone done there P's test at wetherill park, cause im going to do it in march just wanted to see if anyone has done them and if its a gud place to do them there, also if the course is easier than other places

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
s2000 have no blind spots when the roofs up.
an they go like a fuckin shotgun.
great grip an handle on rails.

me mates got one, an u can drop the clutch at 6-7 grand an no wheel spin cause of launch control.
only in the wet can we loose traction, an thats at high speed an it's fucked to catch it again.

but yeah great car to do ur P's test on

Captain Moist

HSC
Evilo said:
+1, but i think Pace_T has a point. If you've got an obvious hoon car, you're probably not setting a good impression to start with.
It takes more than a certain car to be a hoon!

Lets not be prejudice here.

itsmeandy

HSC
on the contrary of what you guys might think i actually passed my p's in my s2000 woop lol first go :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)