Need Tutor - Wollongong Region (1 Viewer)

teehees

HSC
I'm in year 11 and i figure since it'll be finishing in just a few weeks, i've decided to step up a bit, work wise and get a little serious. I've looked around the boards but havnt had much luck in findin a tutor for any of the followin subjects in the wollongongish area, i'm hopin someone'll be able to help me out;

Adv English - currently studying "The Great Gatsby" the novel, so it'd be helpful if
you were familiar with it. However i think its more my essay writing
skills that i need help with.

3unit Maths - interested in maths and i want to do well so that i can move onto
4unit.. but as this point i dont think thats gonna happen >_>

Physics - not going great, need help with some concepts.

Chemistry - one of my weakest subjects, so you may have to be a little patient ^^

I cant really afford anything over $30 and that'd be stretching it... preferably from the $0-25 range. remember that i'm currently a guy in year 11, so you'll be dealing with my years coarse/syllabus.

yearlies coming up in a bit over a months time, so please reply here or pm me ASAP. thanks.

Last edited:

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
hey mate, i'm VERY familiar with the great gatsby, it's a fantastic text to study... as i've said on my thread, i can help you figure out and percet that essay technique so you can start writing succinct, killer essays - the sorts that examiners love! haha. i generally charge $40 but i can go to $30 if you want. pm or email me back preferably.

cheers.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Evan's maths clinic is good for maths (so i've heard).
I don't know of any good english tutors in wollongong, but there are some in hurstville, which isn't that far away. I know an english tutor in wollongong, he is ok (i guess...), but you should try drive his prices down a bit with bagaining. (pmed you his contact)

you don't need tutoring for physics, chem, with the new sylabus it is hard to learn from tutor. You just have to go through the dot points and research them your self.

ahhh tutoring is so lucritive, I wonder if I should get into it...

EDIT: you turned off PM, so how can i contact you :/

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
well nit, good to see you after so long! :)
and yeah there's some days i go down to wollongong (rarely, i admit) but it's feasible... otherwise this bloke could possibly be convinced to come up to syd... as jm1234567890 said, hurstville's not that far away :p Shouldn't u be intersted, resident chemist?
hehe.. btw unblock me from msn.

nit

HSC
no, I don't really have much free time these days to put aside for tutoring. I'll be available from the end of November, though, when uni finishes. I do live in Hurstville, btw.

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
i know you live in hurstville. hence the remark. must take u a while to get to uni though? train + bus = no fun...

nit

HSC
15 minute train +10 minute walk from redfern+10-15 in waiting = 30-40 minutes = not so bad. qed

teehees

HSC
whoa sorry after i saw no reply for a couple of days i put this down as a lost cause.. i've sent you two a pm, (jm1234567890 and Gryphondarks) about this all and activated pm's in my account (didnt realise i needed to :p) so anyone else who wants to contact me about this that way can now ^^

teehees

HSC
sounds good, i'll take a look at it soon. as long as the price is ok.. do you know of the times its available and where abouts on the princess highway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)