Need some motivation going into HSC year! (1 Viewer)

pHyRe

HSC
Hey all, just finished my prelim and did atrociously. About middle of the year in the half yearlies and even worse in the yearlies. I think I relied too much on cramming in the yearlies (making notes the night before), studied hard for only the month before exams, not nearly as much before that and just had some bad exams. Is it possible for me to jump from aroundd 120th to top 70 from prelim to hsc considering i studied a decent amount, not completely slacking off but not full out? This is at a top 10 school btw.

Also, any HSC tips would be great! :)

Thanks guys

Shazer2

HSC
Wow, this sounds a lot like me. I could do with some motivation as well! :)

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
here's some motivation from me :)
compare my ranks
prelim:
maths 70ish
english 120ish
pd 20ish
bio 30ish
physics 40ish

HSC
maths: 9
english: 100
pd: 8
bio: 8
physics: 10

nothing at all is stopping you from doing awesomely in the HSC. I switched on in year 12 and it has worked great for me. Study a bit harder, prepare earlier and have confidence and you will definitely see improvements in your ranks :) at a top 10 school you're in a great position anyway and you have good potential. You could probably set your ATAR goal a bit higher too to help motivate yourself.

Shazer2

HSC
That is good inspiration! I'm bookmarking this. :)

I only need an ATAR of 80, but it'll still require lots of hard work. :)

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
glad i could help :)
and you don't have to be complacent with getting an 80, you never know what will change in a year and if something else will catch your eye ^^

Shazer2

HSC
That's true, but 80 is a big feat for me right now.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
plenty of time to make big improvements :) 1 year today and you'll be finished school as well so that's some motivation that you don't have too long haha

Determined3

HSC
here's some motivation from me :)
compare my ranks
prelim:
maths 70ish
english 120ish
pd 20ish
bio 30ish
physics 40ish

HSC
maths: 9
english: 100
pd: 8
bio: 8
physics: 10

nothing at all is stopping you from doing awesomely in the HSC. I switched on in year 12 and it has worked great for me. Study a bit harder, prepare earlier and have confidence and you will definitely see improvements in your ranks :) at a top 10 school you're in a great position anyway and you have good potential. You could probably set your ATAR goal a bit higher too to help motivate yourself.
U've motivated me:D.

Last edited:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I was near the bottom for maths in year 7-10. I pulled my shit together and came first in MX1 and MX2. If I can do it, you can too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)