need some ideas (1 Viewer)

Jack Burton

ninja of the world
HSC
needs some ideas for the belonging creative writing, im not very good at creative writing and most of my past work comes up a being obvious and shit so i just want some good ideas

should i make my story obvious and use cheesy language techniques?

how long should it be... 2 pages 3

just need some advice

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
You're probably right in saying you should stick to the obvious, generic story line but make it interesting by using different language techniques. It's important that you make the reader actually want to keep reading it so maybe give the narrator a very distinct tone and use interesting techniques wherever possible. And why not give the story an out of the ordinary setting? You could probably make it seem generic until the very end and add a twist to make it a bit different. Don't make it an 'and they all lived happily ever after' type ending either (they tend to get a bit boring).

2-4 pages should be okay depending on the size of your handwriting.

Ideas? Nothing is original anymore, sadly. Just write about anything that isn't teen angst.

No idea whether that was helpful or not but, well, I hoped that helped :)

sazleberry

HSC
Just stay away from REALLY cliche stories unless it is Brilliant! Such as being someone who was adopted etc because they are completely overdone. Thinking outside the square is always good. Also remember your protagonist doesnt have to be human! It can be a piece of fruit, or an animal etc.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)