Need some help! (1 Viewer)

who

HSC
Hi guys!
I'm just wondering what the best accommodation is for first year students?
I will hopefully be going to UC next year and will need to find residents.
What is the most common for first year? And what are the people like at UC compared to sydney as I'm moving from here..
I'm still deciding between architecture and I.T so any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
Lastly do you think could still get into UC if I don't make the atar cut off? Like do they accept lots of people to fill the vacancies?
I'm under the assumption that they are really wanting more students to go to UC so hopefully I make it!
If not I may apply for the UC College.. How hard is that to get into? And can I still live on campus if I'm only at the college?
Thanks for your help guys! Hopefully see a few of you next year!!

who

HSC
Why do you think architecture? And if I do choose that regular architecture or landscape architecture? Job opportunity wise/salary wise..

wcc123

HSC
Honestly just try and aim for either one by applying for them and if you get into one but don't like it just transfer to the other.
As for accommodation the two most common are the old ressies and new ressies. As I am also going to be moving from Sydney I'll be applying for old then new. Both Landscape and regular architecture are going to have new job openings in the future with both going to be needed, so its our own preference. If you are really doubtful on getting into uni then also apply for uc college as a backup plan.

Hope I could help. Let me know how everything goes :)

who

HSC
Honestly just try and aim for either one by applying for them and if you get into one but don't like it just transfer to the other.
As for accommodation the two most common are the old ressies and new ressies. As I am also going to be moving from Sydney I'll be applying for old then new. Both Landscape and regular architecture are going to have new job openings in the future with both going to be needed, so its our own preference. If you are really doubtful on getting into uni then also apply for uc college as a backup plan.

Hope I could help. Let me know how everything goes :)
Thanks for your advice! Will let you know how I go :) good luck to you too!

wcc123

HSC
So i've actually gone over all the figures and calculated that it's 15$ more for you're own self contained place in the cooper lodge (http://www.unilodge.com.au/Canberra/UC_-_Cooper_Lodge/) than a new ressie with 40gb internet per month. Hence I have changed my application form and gotten one of the standard studios with unlimited internet!!

Btw's if you do end up getting in, would be great to meet you as I had originally wanted to do architecture before changing to industrial design.

who

HSC
So i've actually gone over all the figures and calculated that it's 15$ more for you're own self contained place in the cooper lodge (http://www.unilodge.com.au/Canberra/UC_-_Cooper_Lodge/) than a new ressie with 40gb internet per month. Hence I have changed my application form and gotten one of the standard studios with unlimited internet!!

Btw's if you do end up getting in, would be great to meet you as I had originally wanted to do architecture before changing to industrial design.

Yeah that sounds heaps better! How much does it add up to weekly?
I'm only choosing old res because it's pretty much the cheapest and apparently good for first years!
I'd love to chose one of the newer ones but I'm not entitled to any youth allowance or rent assistance so I'm pretty screwed with cash!

Yeah definitely since I don't know anyone else going haha, will suck till I get to know people..

wcc123

HSC
Yeah that sounds heaps better! How much does it add up to weekly?
I'd love to chose one of the newer ones but I'm not entitled to any youth allowance or rent assistance so I'm pretty screwed
I found that new ressies 170$ + 23 (utilities) plus 15$(internet 40 gb) plus 15$ (Phone expenses) plus 12$ (post box) is around 20$ cheaper. For New apartment its 248/258 (depending on if you want deluxe [includes couch]) which includes all mentioned previously while providing me with my own bathroom and kitchen. Worth it!!

You should be able to claim the studyiing away from home that they provide which gives 4k at the start of the year. But I suppose it really depends on your situation

who

HSC
I found that new ressies 170$ + 23 (utilities) plus 15$(internet 40 gb) plus 15$ (Phone expenses) plus 12$ (post box) is around 20$ cheaper. For New apartment its 248/258 (depending on if you want deluxe [includes couch]) which includes all mentioned previously while providing me with my own bathroom and kitchen. Worth it!!

You should be able to claim the studyiing away from home that they provide which gives 4k at the start of the year. But I suppose it really depends on your situation
whoa why haven't i heard of this! That would be great if i could get that.. sounds fair enough, syd to can for studies!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
You won't be able to afford a euro car if you only go to college brah.

inb4drivesamk3golfandclaimsitsthebest

who

HSC
So who else is doing architecture next year at uc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)