Need Physics Help! 8.2,5,2nd col,point1 (1 Viewer)

moco

HSC
I've got this in class physics assessment dued this thursday on 8.2,5,2nd col,point1 and was wondering if anyone has already done this in class.

The question is:
identify data sources, gather, process and present information from secondary sourced to identify areas of current research and use the available evidence to discuss some of the underlying physical principles used in one aplication of physics related to waves such as:
- Global Positioning System
- CD technology
- the internet (digital process)
- DVD technology

I've chosen GPS and found heaps of info. but the question is so broad! i wanted to know which main bits should i focus on. like how it works. etc...

if anyone has any info can you please pm me?
it will be much appreciated!!!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Well I done something similar to this, except it was with blu-ray disks and how light refraction and reflection combines to create more disk space in a blu-ray disk. What you want to focus on is the principles of reflection and refraction and how they work in a GPS system.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
For this dotpoint, you need to show a fairly detailed understanding of how your chosen application and how it works in relation to waves. You could also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of its use and its impact on society.

747captain

HSC
N/A
Quote: Moco - "I've got this in class physics assessment dued this thursday on 8.2,5,2nd col,point1 and was wondering if anyone has already done this in class.I've chosen GPS and found heaps of info. but the question is so broad! i wanted to know which main bits should i focus on. like how it works. etc..."

I have basically the same assignment, and I can find heaps of info for how GPS works, what it consists of, etc, but nothing on how it has developed with the advancement of technology, how it uses properties such as reflection, refraction, etc.

Where can I get some info for
principles of reflection and refraction and how they work in a GPS system? Believe me, I've tried about 15-20 websites, a few books, etc, without any luck so far.

Also, thankyou to Riviet, as "discussing the advantages and disadvantages of its use and its impact on society" is another good area I could put into my assignment to try and make up for any marks I lose if I don't find out about reflection and refraction.

James747

HSC
Focus on the principles of physics which are applied in the device.

I chose to do the CD one, its really easy and the textbooks cover it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)