Need help. (1 Viewer)

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I'm trying to use blackboard, but when i login, it says im not enrolled in any courses, but i have an enrollment receipt in my studentmail saying that i am. Is anyone else having this problem, or can anyone shed some light on it?

Also, when i try to compose in my studentmail, it just wont take me there... i have absolutely no idea why it wouldnt except that i havent paid my fees yet. Any other ideas?

How can i check online whether i am absolutely positively enrolled?

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Have you registered for your tutorials yet?
If you haven't that could be why it says you’re not enrolled in anything. Personally only 3 of my courses have appeared on blackboard, as I haven't registered for microeconomics (since it hasn't opened up yet).
Regarding studentmail, I had the same problem. I simply disabled my internet security and it then worked perfectly.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Ahh i will try disabling that then!

Yes thats thing, i have registered for tutorials, and when i go back to the registration system it tells me i have them booked so i just dont know!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
In that case, it could just be that no announcements for your courses have been posted up. When I did my registration I then checked out blackboard, still to find that it said I was not enrolled in anything. However when a course announcement was posted up it all of a sudden listed the courses I’m enrolled in. I really wouldn’t worry about it to much, the email you received in ur studentmail clarifies that you are actually enrolled in those courses.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Some faculties take longer to open up their blackboard courses. I enrolled in all four of my courses last Monday, and I still only have two available.

They should be available within the next week.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Thanks heaps for help... i was freaking out that I had not enrolled. Ahhh such a newbie.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Not every course uses blackboard.

The lecturers are lazy too, lazier than us sometimes.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
fuck...i just found out that i have a clash :vcross: That's what i get for being such a geek and enrolling in subjects when they still have last years class timetables posted :(

rific

HSC
Don't worry too much about clashes, you can normally find some way to work around them...

And, lol, Blackboard. I'm still signed up to most of my courses from last sem and even one from first sem last year, so far I only have one for this year and I'm not worried about the others, the lecturers will let you know in the first week if they expect you to use them.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, I'm just going to switch the subject that clashes with another 3rd year engineering subject i have to do eventually

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Two of my two hour lectures clash so do you recommend me going to one hour of each lecture or alternating between them each week:confused:?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
what level subjects are they? eg. 2000 and 3000 ? Go to the higher level one more often than the lower level one.

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
How do I stop it from showing me info and anouncements from last years classes? I don't care about design 1470 anymore! >_<

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, I still have one of my subjects from last year listed. I think you just have to wait for them to take it off:).

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
great_gregory said:
How do I stop it from showing me info and anouncements from last years classes? I don't care about design 1470 anymore! >_<
On the main page, click the pencil icon at the top-right of your "My Courses" window. From there you can choose which courses/announcements are shown.

rific

HSC
You should keep your old ones as long as possible, that way you can post in the discussion forums and just irritate everyone with meaningless information about the course :p

Merethrond, you should probably let your lecturers know your situation and then swap each week and organise with the lecturer or another student to get notes/slides etc. You can also look at the lecture schedule and pick the most important weeks for each course. If you go to an hour of each it'd be pretty useless because there would be no continuity and you'd miss most things anyway.

That's what I reckon anway.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
rific said:
You should keep your old ones as long as possible, that way you can post in the discussion forums and just irritate everyone with meaningless information about the course :p
I don't think any of my courses use the discussion forums:p.

rific said:
Merethrond, you should probably let your lecturers know your situation and then swap each week and organise with the lecturer or another student to get notes/slides etc. You can also look at the lecture schedule and pick the most important weeks for each course. If you go to an hour of each it'd be pretty useless because there would be no continuity and you'd miss most things anyway.

That's what I reckon anway.
Yeah, I might let the Lecturers know and see what they have to say. I will probably follow your advice and rotate between the subjects each week:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)