HSC
Subjects:
Advanced English
General Maths
Modern History
Ancient History
Legal Studies
Business studies

Hi guys, I'm going into HSC year now and I have a few questions.
1. Should I drop advanced English to standard? I have been doing so bad (40-50%) this year due to a few reasons and i'm worried if i do crap in HSC my atar will be stuffed.
2. I absoultely hate maths and it annoys me so much so I want to drop it. Should I? considering if I drop to standard english or if i keep advanced.
3. If I choose one or both of the above, I'm thinking of taking extension history in order to help with scaling? (I'm good at history and i like it)
4. I want a 95+ atar so will it be hard for me considering my subjects scaling?:cry:
Thanks and please answer seriously lol

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I would strongly recommend AGAINST dropping to standard, only a very very small percent in the State have a chance of getting a band 6 in standard. I'm in a similar boat as I bombed out on my Prelim English, but the errors were easy to understand. Just start from the get go, find your weak areas in English and maybe get some outside help.

I do General Maths (isn't it such a lovely subject ;) Up to you, but if you start practising as soon as the year starts then you have all that time to find out what's going wrong.

If you're good at History, then go for it, I'm picking up Ext Hist and it may very well help you out.

I reckon you can, its just a matter of starting now and weeding out the problems as soon as possible.

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad
Usually one shoudn't drop to Standard but it really depends on your ability in English. Sometimes, you just gotta drop down.

Drop gen. maths if you hate it.

Pick up Extension History.

HSC
I would strongly recommend AGAINST dropping to standard, only a very very small percent in the State have a chance of getting a band 6 in standard. I'm in a similar boat as I bombed out on my Prelim English, but the errors were easy to understand. Just start from the get go, find your weak areas in English and maybe get some outside help.

I do General Maths (isn't it such a lovely subject ;) Up to you, but if you start practising as soon as the year starts then you have all that time to find out what's going wrong.

If you're good at History, then go for it, I'm picking up Ext Hist and it may very well help you out.

I reckon you can, its just a matter of starting now and weeding out the problems as soon as possible.
I completely agree with this. As he said, I would also strongly not recommend dropping down to standard even if you are going bad in advanced. Can I ask what you hate about General Maths?

HSC
Yea i'm worried the effect it will have on my atar :(
I just hate maths because I can't be bothered remembering everything and even though people think gen maths is easy i find it hard sometimes cause I forget things easily.(formulas)
though I think i'm in the top 5 out of 40 students in general maths since Algebra seems to be my strong point(If i even have one lol)

HSC
Yea i'm worried the effect it will have on my atar :(
I just hate maths because I can't be bothered remembering everything and even though people think gen maths is easy i find it hard sometimes cause I forget things easily.(formulas)
though I think i'm in the top 5 out of 40 students in general maths since Algebra seems to be my strong point(If i even have one lol)
But they give you a formula sheet in your tests in General Math. If your coming in the Top 5 in Maths I'd say definetley stick with it!

CaffeineMotor

HSC
You're in the top 5 for general maths :S Lucky bugger, I'd say stick with it if you're doing nicely like that. And you're good at algebra, the one thing I hate most in this world XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)