Need help with physics assesment!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Sup people,

I have to do an assessment where we have to construct a vehicle that restrains an egg, which can handle a high impact collision with a wall, and not break the egg or damage the vehicle too much.

We have to use safety features that they use in cars like crumple zones, seatbelts etc...

My question is, what material is the best to build with and what type of vehicle should i build?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
crissgoes2skool said:
Sup people,

I have to do an assessment where we have to construct a vehicle that restrains an egg, which can handle a high impact collision with a wall, and not break the egg or damage the vehicle too much.

We have to use safety features that they use in cars like crumple zones, seatbelts etc...

My question is, what material is the best to build with and what type of vehicle should i build?
I remember doing the same "eggesperiment" in year 7. What I did was build the compartment the egg goes in with straw (the ones you drink from) because they absorb collision very well.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
kaz1 said:
I remember doing the same "eggesperiment" in year 7. What I did was build the compartment the egg goes in with straw (the ones you drink from) because they absorb collision very well.
I did something simular for my past physics experiment and I used foam and cardboard. I didn't have to protect an egg, but I did have to protect some plasticine passengers. In my opinion I think it worked well, but I'm not sure if it will work when trying to protect an egg.

imoO

HSC
Try foil for your crumple zones. Compact them slightly so hey hold shape, but not too much otherwise they won't 'crumple'.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lol, i remember doing this in year 10! cant remember how i did mine, i think i used balloons like like airbags...

There was a funny one where someone had melted all the nutella in one of those huge plastic nutella jars, put the egg in then allowed it to set again. had nothing to do with cars but it worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)