need help with my FIRST resume!!! (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Good layout, though I would put my contact details, address and such near the top of the page rather than the bottom.
First subtitle should be "objectives", what position are you looking for?

Examples of Objective statements:
- Seeking a part-time role as a waiter/waitress at [company name]
-I am looking for a position as a sale assistant at [store name]
Objective statements are outdated. They know what you're looking for because you're applying to them.

dirty_ink

HSC
thanks for all the advice, but still what do you guys think i should write under work experiences :eek:?
Are you referring to the section under which you list actual work you've done, or student workplace placements?

If the former, then probably just write where you worked, your position there (and briefly what you did - skills) and how long you've worked there.

If the latter, then write which company or organisation you worked for, a brief description of what you did, and the year or date you undertook the placement.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
So you accelerated? Or spent the first two years at a different place? I think that needs to be clarified on the resume because an employer could interpret that as a typo when it could actually be legitimate.

What kind of casual jobs? The reason I ask is to see whether the resume is tailored to the type of job you are going for.
School is a primary and high school

waterlml

HSC
Are you referring to the section under which you list actual work you've done, or student workplace placements?

If the former, then probably just write where you worked, your position there (and briefly what you did - skills) and how long you've worked there.

If the latter, then write which company or organisation you worked for, a brief description of what you did, and the year or date you undertook the placement.
but i have no previous work experiences/volunteer etc :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)