Need help with globalisation and trade??? (1 Viewer)

UNSW !!
HSC
Hi guys,

I have two questions I need to answer and I'm finding it hard to make a distinction between them (and how to answer either).

The questions are:

1. Explain the impact of gloablisation on trade in the world eceonomy.

2. Discuss the effects of globalisation on Australia's international trade over the time period 1991/92 to 2005/06 (its the last part of a question involving the changing composition of exports/imports)

Both questions are 4 marks each (as an indication on how much I have to write).
Could you guys offer any advice about the differences between these two??

Thanks so so much everyone.

UNSW !!
HSC
No worries everyone - I worked it out.

Or at least I think I did lol. Fingers crossed aye?

Economics = :spzz:

UNSW !!
HSC
Thanks guys.

Can I ask another question? I have an essay to write and I'm struggling with it.

The question is:
Discuss recent developments in global free trade negotiations and Australia’s role in promoting free trade.
I'm unsure about how much to write about the negotiations (just Uruguay Round & Doha Round? Or ALL trade agreements?) and have no idea about Australia's role in promoting free trade....
I have no talent when it comes to economics - any help would be fantastic :)

Emil7051

HSC
The question is two parts:
Part 1: Trends in global free trade

Liberalisation, integration, and the effect of an expanding network of multilateral and bilateral free trade agreements being overseen by supranational organisations like the WTO, WB, IMF (They all have very specific roles, but each support free trade to an extent).

Part 2:

Any question regarding Australia's role in trade negotiations needs examination of:
A) Multilateral - WTO
B) Regional - ASEAN
C) Bilateral - all the "-AFTA's", CERTA AUSTFA

That should become the structure of your essay. You should paint a picture of the long term trend as well - look at the declining role of the WTO in achieving free trade outcomes (ie. the stall in DOHA negotiations) and the increased emphasis under the Howard govt. on bilateral free trade agreements.

Basically you start from the premise that Australia has become increasingly integrated with the global economy, and increasingly liberalised in its trade flows, and ask the question: What have we been actively doing to achieve this?

Enjoy!

Emil7051

HSC
Oh and always worth drawing in as much current context/data as possible.
So continually reference this essay against the backdrop of the threat of a rise in protectionism as domestic economies go into downturn and governments look for ways to bolster local industries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)