need help urgently...... (1 Viewer)

RUBLEET

HSC
this is the second assessment task that i have got.......

"the board of studies is creating a website for "the journey" which will include excerpts from all prescribed texts, the stimulus booklet texts and a varietyu of related texts. the website is designed to assist students preparing for the 2005 HSC.
you r to write the introductory page for this website. this must in FORMAL language and in ESSAY form."

prescribe text.... "AWAY"
one text from the stimulus booklet.....POSSIBLY "THE IVORY TRAIL". or "THE ROAD NOT TAKEN".
related text.........FELLOSHIP OF THE RING.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
so the introductory page is meant to be an essay??? Does it say you have to include all the language features etc.? And what is the purpose of the page? To give an example or to convince students to use the page?

what a bitch of a question...my deepest sympathies.

RUBLEET

HSC
its true

its the exact question that i had on my notification.........yeah it has to b in the form of an essay....basically to help the hsc students.
plz...help me......tx

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
i would seriously love to help, but its a bitch of a question. I think i would cry if i got in in my exam.

Just a guess, but i would say that if this website is to help hsc students, and the into page is to be an essay, this essay would probably have to show the concept of the journey and how texts communicate that concept. So refer to quotes, language techniques etc all to demonstarte the concept of the journey.

Have you talked to your teacher? That might help you understand what is expected of you. Becuase it is really unclear i think.

Good luck :)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Ask yourself, what is the main thing that distinguishes a website from a plain essay..?
Because all websites are some form of advertising, you need to somehow "advertise" your Physical journey. I would proably start off with a famous quote about physical journeys or put a definition on it, as it starts off with something of iterest to engage your audience, then slowly introduce your essay as normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)