Need help pretty desperately.. (1 Viewer)

AngelxKitty

HSC
Okay, at the start of this year my old teacher left and has been replaced with a new one.. He isn't that bad, but his teaching style leaves a fair bit to be desired. I don't feel as though we've covered enough of the course as yet.. We barely do any writing and he seems to be mainly focussed around the discussion of things.

The option that i'm studying is New Kingdom Egypt from Amenhotep III to Ramses II. Thus far we're only at Tutankhamun and i'm starting to get concerned..

I have my half yearly exams next week and I want to get the best possible mark. Any suggestions on what I should be looking at most?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

AngelxKitty said:
Okay, at the start of this year my old teacher left and has been replaced with a new one.. He isn't that bad, but his teaching style leaves a fair bit to be desired. I don't feel as though we've covered enough of the course as yet.. We barely do any writing and he seems to be mainly focussed around the discussion of things.

The option that i'm studying is New Kingdom Egypt from Amenhotep III to Ramses II. Thus far we're only at Tutankhamun and i'm starting to get concerned..

I have my half yearly exams next week and I want to get the best possible mark. Any suggestions on what I should be looking at most?

You'd assume that your teachers wouldn't set you a task that's outside of what your learnt.

But assuming they do, or that you don't get enough covered by the HSC:

Themes include (in order of most common): Military, building-religion (same theme), and women. These themes may be selected for the entire period, eg 'discuss women in this period', for a select group 'discuss women in the reigns of Amenhotep III and Akhenaten', or for a specific pharaoh 'discuss women in the reign of Amenhotep III'.

- Amenhotep = general question, 'assess the reign'. Compare his apparent lack of sustantive military policy and gigantic buildings with his great internal programmes and his fantastically fine art. Perhaps a question on a single theme, most likely building or women,
- Akhenaten = obviously religious reforms. Perhaps a question on building or women,
- Tutankhamun, Aye, Horemheb = reaction to the Amarna period. Military/warrior pharaoh,
- Ramses I = continuation of Horemheb's start of the rise of military class, nothing else, really,
- Seti I = any theme, although military and building-religion is the most likely,
- Ramses II = could have questions on any theme. Very unlikely to have a general 'assess the reign question' -- more likely to have 'outline military/women/buildings-religion/internal policy', etc.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
AngelxKitty said:

hey well my class went through this last year but in reverse...our new teacher was better...

anyway for egypt what text book do you have? my class is using a text book called "Studies in Ancient Egypt Periods and Personalities". It's really good and has a chapter dedicated to your topic which is the same as mine...the chapter is separated into pharaohs and has outlines of their reigns before having a final summary. if you havent got it get your hands on one cos there are questions throughout the book that have helped me heaps!

hope that helps!

cl3nta

HSC
I think get some wide range of reading. See what various historians in the field say. Then make notes. Compare these notes with stuff on here + good ex ancient students'. Also make sure you practice writing! goodluck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)