Need help in English, Being a Badass, Economics, Physics or Chemistry? HSC and Prelim (1 Viewer)

ash.t

HSC
I provide a great way to get a headstart over the summer. Imagine being topics ahead of your classmates, and getting a substantial leg-up when assessments roll around!

I am located in the Upper North Shore, but I can tutor anywhere in the North of Sydney or in the City, visiting either your house or a local library. Phone or internet tutoring is also available, but less preferable.

About Me:
Class of 2008 at Sydney Grammar School
I was on an Academic Scholarship at Sydney Grammar School (2002-2008), and offered Academic Scholarships to The Kings School and Knox Grammar.
Aiming to attend Oxford University (UK) to study Economics and Management
SAT score of 2340/2400
Predicted UAI of 99.6

English Advanced

Total assessment marks and ranks have not been released to us but based on 5/6 assessments I placed 1/189 students.

Writing samples are available on request.

It's true, sadly the syllabus has changed. However, as HSC English is a highly skills-based (and some would say formulaic) subject, the fact that some texts have changed does not pose a significant challenge. In fact, as the modules and concepts involved have stayed the same, the changing of the syllabus presents a very minor challenge.

I provide:
  • Essay structuring to elevate your responses to high Band 6
  • Specific techniques for acing Sections 1 and 2 of Area of Study
  • Essay-marking and provision of heavy constructive criticism
  • A depth of analysis to take your knowledge of the text a bit further, and make your writing stand out from the crowd
I do ask that you tell me which texts you're doing ahead of time so I can prepare them in detail.

Chemistry and Physics
Ranking within the top 5 for both subjects, in a highly competitive candidature (e.g. against Chemistry Olympiad members)

Extremely comprehensive notes based on attendance at a variety of tutoring and coaching courses and personal research from University level textbooks.
What does this mean?
  • Don't pay exorbitant amounts to attend HSC lectures or workshops. My notes contain the best of these distilled into concise format.
  • Concepts explained comprehensively
  • Complete practical writeups
  • Preparation for practical exams available
  • Don't struggle to learn more than you need to know. My notes cover exactly what is in the course – ensuring you can focus your efforts on what you actually need for the HSC rather than exhausting yourself by going too far beyond what's required.

Able to provide customised homework and practice exams for each specific topic area, which will be marked and returned with extensive comments.

Economics
Economics is a subject that I am truly passionate about. I plan to study Economics at Oxford University.
I can provide:
  • Extremely up-to-date statistics and economics news that makes your essays stand out from the crowd, acquired through a habit of daily reading of major international financial papers and a keen interest in the subject. This is the bread and butter of HSC Economics – if you don't know the very latest going ons, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.
    For example, going into my Half-Yearly, Trial and (especially) HSC exams, substantial changes in economic conditions occurred. This meant that in-class notes did not cut it. Rather, the only way to write a high Band 6 response was to have a good knowledge of the latest happenings.
  • Comprehensive notes on every section of the HSC course
  • Customised multiple choice, short answer and essay questions which I will mark and return

Success so far:
One of my students in Economics, Julie, has gone from being "hopelessly confused" (as she put it) to scoring 24/25 in her first assessment. Good on you!

Contact Details
Shoot me an email at ash.thomas@hotmail.com, or give me a call on 0403809382.

Last edited:

EXTRA15MIN

HSC
Oxford, eh? Woah...
I'm especially interested in your Eng and Phys tuition so I'll give you a call.

shure

HSC
Re: Need help in English, Being a Badass, Economics, Physics or Chemistry? HSC and Pr

Hey man I'm interested I might be interested in you english and eco tutoring, would you like be ble to mark my essays and stuff?

ash.t

HSC
Re: Need help in English, Being a Badass, Economics, Physics or Chemistry? HSC and Pr

shure said:
Hey man I'm interested I might be interested in you english and eco tutoring, would you like be ble to mark my essays and stuff?
That wouldn't be a problem at all - I'm absolutely more than happy to do that, so just give me a ring on the number listed above.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm interested in Economics but I live too far away (Blacktown).

ash.t

HSC
kaz1 said:
I'm interested in Economics but I live too far away (Blacktown).
Maybe we could meet at a library somewhere in the middle?

shure

HSC

mate that sounds great, called you yesterday, I'm Jack

Look forward to tutoring

ash.t

HSC

shure said:
mate that sounds great, called you yesterday, I'm Jack

Look forward to tutoring
I got your message on the machine and I've left a message on yours with some more details. Looking forward to our lesson on Monday, Jack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)